'Best and busiest day of year' - Celebrations at Norwich restaurant
- Credit: AL PULFORD PHOTOGRAPHY
After months of coronavirus lockdown frustration, a Norwich restaurant has celebrated its fifth anniversary in style with 70 visitors.
The Namaste Village on Queens Road changed most of its menu for an evening of good food, traditional Indian dress and entertainment on Sunday.
Cookery classes kickstarted the celebratory day with 30 people learning how to cook the Indian way.
Also taking place during the day were a raffle, quiz and guest speakers, in addition to a lunch and the main 'Namaste Anniversary Bash' in the evening.
Shreya Dubey, Namaste Village marketing executive, said: "It was one of the best and busiest days in this year. The event was houseful and we sold all the tickets within three days of uploading it online.
You may also want to watch:
"We are very grateful and humbled by the love Norfolk community has showered upon us in the past five years."
The event was hosted by Kailesh Devlukia and the guest speaker was Vandana Khurana, author of 'Awakening with Sunrise'.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours