N&N to remain closed to visitors this weekend
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.
This restriction will be reviewed on Monday, but until then visitors are asked not to visit the hospital until 'absolutely necessary'.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where groups of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 City bar owner tells clubbers: 'Turn off Covid app'
- 9 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 10 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down