N&N to remain closed to visitors this weekend
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.
This restriction will be reviewed on Monday, but until then visitors are asked not to visit the hospital until 'absolutely necessary'.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where groups of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 5 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 6 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 8 Mobility scooter trashed by hazardous wheelie bins
- 9 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 10 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo