N&N to remain closed to visitors this weekend
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital will remain closed to ward visitors this weekend due to a winter vomiting bug.
This restriction will be reviewed on Monday, but until then visitors are asked not to visit the hospital until 'absolutely necessary'.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where groups of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid