N&N set to re-open to visitors from Friday
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .
Until then visitors are being asked not to visit 'unless absolutely necessary' but all patients (except those hit by the bug) should still attend their hospital appointments.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 3 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 4 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 5 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 6 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 8 Fire crews attend commercial building blaze near Norwich
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m