N&N set to re-open to visitors from Friday
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .
Until then visitors are being asked not to visit 'unless absolutely necessary' but all patients (except those hit by the bug) should still attend their hospital appointments.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Team behind Norwich restaurants reopen closed hotel
- 4 Pair led to safety after 'taking refuge' in fire-hit house
- 5 Pedestrian crossing must be in before Aldi store is built, say officers
- 6 Norwich pub welcomes eight new street food vendors
- 7 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 8 New hope for Open building as talks over future revealed
- 9 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 10 New plans lodged for Norwich hotel above Tesco