N&N set to re-open to visitors from Friday
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .
Until then visitors are being asked not to visit 'unless absolutely necessary' but all patients (except those hit by the bug) should still attend their hospital appointments.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours