N&N set to re-open to visitors from Friday
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .
Until then visitors are being asked not to visit 'unless absolutely necessary' but all patients (except those hit by the bug) should still attend their hospital appointments.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed
- 10 When and how to see the Perseids meteor shower