N&N set to re-open to visitors from Friday
Dan GrimmerThe Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .Dan Grimmer
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital remains closed to visitors due to a winter vomiting bug, but restrictions are expected to be lifted tomorrow .
Until then visitors are being asked not to visit 'unless absolutely necessary' but all patients (except those hit by the bug) should still attend their hospital appointments.
The norovirus stomach bug causes nausea and diarrhoea and is very easily spread from person to person. The spread of infection is easiest in places where group of people are in close proximity for reasonable amounts of time such as residential homes, schools, hospitals and workplaces.
The virus lasts about two days and no treatment is required, however, even after the symptoms have cleared up, people may still carry the virus and infect others up to three days after their own symptoms have stopped.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 2 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 3 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 4 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 5 Tributes paid to 'happy and giggly' woman who died aged 23
- 6 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison