Myleene would use machete on intruders
David BaleGorleston TV star Myleene Klass told a Sunday newspaper she would defend her family with a machete in an astonishing defence of homeowners' rights to protect themselves.David Bale
Gorleston TV star Myleene Klass has told a Sunday newspaper she would defend her family with a machete in an astonishing defence of homeowners' rights to protect themselves.
The former Hear'Say popstar - who hosts ITV1's Popstar To Operastar show - spoke out despite being warned by police she may have acted illegally when she recently waved a knife at intruders in her garden in Hertfordshire, when she was alone with two-year-old Ava while her fianc�, Graham Quinn, 35, was away on business.
Mum-of-one Myleene, 31, told a national newspaper: 'Friends keep asking if I plan to move out of my house but the truth is I would use a machete before I let these people drive me out of my home.
'Of course I'd use a machete to protect my family. I've only just moved into my new home. I'd do anything to shield my little girl Ava from harm. It's ridiculous and utterly disgraceful that I'm being criticised.'
You may also want to watch:
Her defiant outburst comes in the week that businessman Munir Hussain - freed on appeal after he was jailed for 30 months for battering a knife raider - called for a review of the law on defence in the home.
Norfolk-born Myleene also pointed to the controversial case of farmer Tony Martin, who in 1999 was convicted of killing burglar Fred Barras, 16, and wounding Brendon Fearon, 29, after they broke into his farmhouse in Emneth Hungate, Norfolk.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
She said: 'I remember the case really well - it was ridiculous.
'Somebody was trying to rob his livelihood so what was he supposed to do? He was protecting himself.'