Myleene would use machete on intruders
David BaleGorleston TV star Myleene Klass told a Sunday newspaper she would defend her family with a machete in an astonishing defence of homeowners' rights to protect themselves.David Bale
Gorleston TV star Myleene Klass has told a Sunday newspaper she would defend her family with a machete in an astonishing defence of homeowners' rights to protect themselves.
The former Hear'Say popstar - who hosts ITV1's Popstar To Operastar show - spoke out despite being warned by police she may have acted illegally when she recently waved a knife at intruders in her garden in Hertfordshire, when she was alone with two-year-old Ava while her fianc�, Graham Quinn, 35, was away on business.
Mum-of-one Myleene, 31, told a national newspaper: 'Friends keep asking if I plan to move out of my house but the truth is I would use a machete before I let these people drive me out of my home.
'Of course I'd use a machete to protect my family. I've only just moved into my new home. I'd do anything to shield my little girl Ava from harm. It's ridiculous and utterly disgraceful that I'm being criticised.'
You may also want to watch:
Her defiant outburst comes in the week that businessman Munir Hussain - freed on appeal after he was jailed for 30 months for battering a knife raider - called for a review of the law on defence in the home.
Norfolk-born Myleene also pointed to the controversial case of farmer Tony Martin, who in 1999 was convicted of killing burglar Fred Barras, 16, and wounding Brendon Fearon, 29, after they broke into his farmhouse in Emneth Hungate, Norfolk.
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 3 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 4 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 5 Long-suffering A11 drivers to benefit as 50-year-old road replaced
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Police and air ambulance called to major incident near Norwich
- 9 £1.3m property for sale on one of most popular roads in Norwich
- 10 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
She said: 'I remember the case really well - it was ridiculous.
'Somebody was trying to rob his livelihood so what was he supposed to do? He was protecting himself.'