Mutts strutt their stuff in Earlham park
Shaun LowthorpeDozens of dogs and their owners took a well-heeled walk in the park yesterday to help raise funds for the RSPCA.Shaun Lowthorpe
Dozens of dogs and their owners took a well-heeled walk in the park yesterday to help raise funds for the RSPCA.
The 'Mutt Strutt' sponsored walk saw pets and their owners opt for either a 1.5m or a 3.5m circuit of Earlham Park.
Now in its second year, the event is aimed at helping raise funds for the Norwich and Mid Norfolk RSPCA branch.
The line-up also included rescue dogs Angel, a one-year-old Staffordshire bull terrier, and Jackson, a Jack Russell of the same age, and an RSPCA inspector was also on hand to answer any queries or concerns.
You may also want to watch:
And there was also a goody bag with canine treats and things for their two legged friends to enjoy afterwards
Julie Bond, Norwich and Mid Norfolk RSPCA branch manager, said: 'We get all sorts of people and dogs of all shapes and breeds taking part. This is the second year we have done it and we want to make it an annual event. It's about fundraising and raising awareness, but it's also getting the dogs active and out.'
- 1 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 2 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 3 New 66-bed care home with cinema planned near NDR
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 6 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 7 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 8 Man seriously injured after crash
- 9 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre
- 10 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub