Musician who worked with Beatles comes to Norwich
Jon WelchA musician who has worked with The Beatles will be performing with young people in Norfolk next month as part of a musical celebration in the county.Jon Welch
A musician who has worked with The Beatles will be performing with young people in Norfolk next month as part of a musical celebration in the county.
Norfolk County Council's music service will welcome Celia Nicklin to the City of Norwich School for a double reed day. The event will include a master class from Ms Nicklin, reed-making sessions and the chance to play as an ensemble.
Ms Nicklin is one of the most respected oboists in the country and has played principal oboe in the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, the Academy of St Martin in the Fields and the London Mozart Players.
She has also worked with The Beatles, performed in the Eurovision Song Contest and on Top of the Pops. She has also taught at the Royal Academy of Music for many years and coaches the oboe section in the National Youth Orchestra.
You may also want to watch:
Shelagh Hutson, Norfolk County Council cabinet member for children's services, said: 'Our music service does some fantastic work with Norfolk's children and young people and is helping to raise the aspirations and ambitions of hundreds of youngsters.
'Attracting such a respected musician to the county is a real coup for Norfolk and I am sure our young people will benefit from both her experience and talent.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 9 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 10 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
Norfolk County Council's music service teaches pupils in nearly 300 schools throughout Norfolk. They will work alongside Celia at the event and will also be joined by staff from Top Joint music shop.
The event will take place from 10am on Sunday, April 25 and there will be an informal concert at 3.30pm for parents and friends.
To book a place download an application form at www.norfolk.gov.uk/musicservice, email email@example.com or phone Petra Alford on 01603 433276. The closing date for applications is Monday, April 19.