Murdered Norwich man's inquest opened
David BaleAn inquest into the death of a 25-year-old man who was murdered in Norwich was opened and adjourned todayDavid Bale
An inquest into the death of a 25-year-old man who was murdered in Norwich was opened and adjourned today.
James Davis, from Clarendon Gardens, Wembley, London, was found by police seriously injured at an address in Old Palace Road at about 1.45am on Thursday, June 3. He was treated by paramedics at the scene but died shortly afterwards.
The inquest was told that a post mortem examination revealed that Mr Davis, a voluntary care worker, died of a stab wound to the chest.
Seven men have been arrested on suspicion of murder and released on police bail pending further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
As previously reported, the semi-detached house at the centre of the investigation, Cavendish Villas has been known to people living in the area as the 'student house'.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 5 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 6 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 7 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 8 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 9 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week