Murdered Norwich man's inquest opened
David BaleAn inquest into the death of a 25-year-old man who was murdered in Norwich was opened and adjourned todayDavid Bale
An inquest into the death of a 25-year-old man who was murdered in Norwich was opened and adjourned today.
James Davis, from Clarendon Gardens, Wembley, London, was found by police seriously injured at an address in Old Palace Road at about 1.45am on Thursday, June 3. He was treated by paramedics at the scene but died shortly afterwards.
The inquest was told that a post mortem examination revealed that Mr Davis, a voluntary care worker, died of a stab wound to the chest.
Seven men have been arrested on suspicion of murder and released on police bail pending further inquiries.
As previously reported, the semi-detached house at the centre of the investigation, Cavendish Villas has been known to people living in the area as the 'student house'.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 4 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 5 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 6 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 7 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 8 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 9 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use
- 10 Norwich City star and fan groups back call for drums at Carrow Road