Motorist dies in crash with taxi
Mark NichollsA motorist was killed yesterday afternoon after his white Peugeot car was involved in an accident with a black taxi on the Great Yarmouth-bound carriageway of the A47 near Acle.Mark Nicholls
A motorist was killed this afternoon after his white Peugeot car was involved in an accident with a black taxi on the Great Yarmouth-bound carriageway of the A47 near Acle.
The crash happened at just after 3.45pm just before the slip road leading to Acle.
Police say the driver of the Peugeot, who was alone in his vehicle, died at the scene. The driver of the taxi was taken to hospital but later released. However, the passenger in the taxi was kept in hospital overnight for observations. Nobody else was injured.
Police want to speak to anyone who saw the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the crash. Call 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 3 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 5 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 6 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison