Motorist dies in crash with taxi
Mark NichollsA motorist was killed yesterday afternoon after his white Peugeot car was involved in an accident with a black taxi on the Great Yarmouth-bound carriageway of the A47 near Acle.Mark Nicholls
A motorist was killed this afternoon after his white Peugeot car was involved in an accident with a black taxi on the Great Yarmouth-bound carriageway of the A47 near Acle.
The crash happened at just after 3.45pm just before the slip road leading to Acle.
Police say the driver of the Peugeot, who was alone in his vehicle, died at the scene. The driver of the taxi was taken to hospital but later released. However, the passenger in the taxi was kept in hospital overnight for observations. Nobody else was injured.
Police want to speak to anyone who saw the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the crash. Call 0845 456 4567.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day