Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- Credit: Archant
A biker suffered leg injuries following a crash at a roundabout of Norwich's Northern Distributor Road (NDR).
Emergency services were called at 12.45pm on Sunday, January 17 to reports that a motorcyclist had come off his bike on the B1150 North Walsham Road at Beeston.
The man was taken to hospital. No other vehicles were involved.
The road was closed for three hours whilst police dealt with the incident.
Figures released last year showed emergency services had been called to 54 crashes on the NDR between November 2017, when it partially opened, and November 2019.
the new road has seen the equivalent of an accident every two weeks since it opened, prompting pressure from drivers to improve 'confusing' roundabouts.
You may also want to watch:
The vast majority of crashes happened on roundabouts with the B1150 North Walsham Road junction seeing eight over the two year period.
- 1 Expansion will see 250 extra places at oversubscribed school
- 2 Bid to turn Norwich pub into health clinic
- 3 ‘We miss the hustle and bustle’ - Norwich shoppers long for lockdown end
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 6 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 7 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 8 The Norwich pub quiz: do you know your locals?
- 9 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 10 Date set for High Court showdown over £271m shopping centre