More than 70 different nationalities represented at N&N
Sarah HallPeople from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.Sarah Hall
People from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.
More than 8,450 people were working for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as of May 1 this year - hailing from 72 countries ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
The information was given in response to a request under the Freedom Of Information Act and included bank staff.
It showed just over 78pc of staff, both medical and non-medical were British, while other nationalities made up just over 13pc of workers.
You may also want to watch:
The hospital did not have a recorded nationality for just over 8.5pc of staff.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police