More than 70 different nationalities represented at N&N
Sarah HallPeople from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.Sarah Hall
People from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.
More than 8,450 people were working for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as of May 1 this year - hailing from 72 countries ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
The information was given in response to a request under the Freedom Of Information Act and included bank staff.
It showed just over 78pc of staff, both medical and non-medical were British, while other nationalities made up just over 13pc of workers.
You may also want to watch:
The hospital did not have a recorded nationality for just over 8.5pc of staff.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 8 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 9 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 10 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?