More than 70 different nationalities represented at N&N
Sarah HallPeople from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.Sarah Hall
People from more than 70 different nationalities are working at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, new figures have shown.
More than 8,450 people were working for the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as of May 1 this year - hailing from 72 countries ranging from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.
The information was given in response to a request under the Freedom Of Information Act and included bank staff.
It showed just over 78pc of staff, both medical and non-medical were British, while other nationalities made up just over 13pc of workers.
You may also want to watch:
The hospital did not have a recorded nationality for just over 8.5pc of staff.
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 6 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Woman crashed into two cars after drinking at friend's home, court hears
- 9 Despair over fly-tipping and rats in city suburb
- 10 Two men charged with aggravated burglary at used car lot