Norwich band Mondatta Funk to play 10-year reunion show
- Credit: Supplied by Lauren Dove
Norwich funk and soul band Mondatta Funk are set to perform at Norwich Arts Centre.
After a 10-year hiatus Mondatta Funk are back and set to bring another night of original/local funk and soul music to Norwich on June 8.
It was in 2009 that they put together their first 'Explosion' gig at Norwich Arts Centre which included a 12-piece line-up of some of Norfolk's finest musicians - from bands such as Killamonjambo, Speedometer and The Voxettes.
Drawing on influences from the likes of James Brown, Aretha Franklin and Sly and the Family Stone, the band gigged all across Norfolk and Suffolk during their former years (2004-2009).
With several members having since toured, released albums, had children and got married, this gig will celebrate their 10-year reunion with an another explosive line-up.
You may also want to watch:
The evening will feature performances from Norwich guitarist Mark Howes, bassist Kieran Brennan and drummer Chris Griggs along with musicians from the original line-up. Other familiar faces include The Voxettes, Simon Jarrett on congas and sax, Andy 'Mojo' Robinson on keys and Sam Bramley on trumpet.
- Tickets to the Mondatta Funk Explosion 10-year reunion gig on June 8 are available for £7 advance from Norwich Arts Centre's website
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding