‘Mo Bros’ looking good for Movember in Norfolk so far
Two weeks of this year's Movember campaign has passed and the opportunity to add some style to the many moustaches on show around the city has arrived.
Here at the Evening News we are backing the campaign, organised to raise funds and awareness for men's health charities such as the Prostate Cancer Charity.
With proper facial hair now starting to grow, there is an opportunity for all the 'Mo Bros' to get their moustaches trimmed at a Norwich barbers – in exchange for a Movember donation.
Esquire Hair Studio, on Ber Street, is taking part in the campaign and wanted to make sure that the men of Norwich could still look good during the month.
Owner Dean Cooper said: 'There could be hundreds of blokes out there who are growing a moustache at the moment and need a trim.
You may also want to watch:
'So we will do that in exchange for a donation, any amount is acceptable, but obviously as much as possible!' Esquire is also holding a party and charity auction at Beluga in Tombland on Wednesday, November 30 to give their fun and fund-raising a further boost.
But many local businesses are getting in on the Movember act, including Cooper BMW Norwich at Longwater and Sainsbury's on Pound Lane in Thorpe St Andrew.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
Companion Care Vets on Longwater Business Park are also taking part, with vets Rob Walker, Riaan Ekkerd, James Pritchard and Michael Board all having laid down their razors.
Mr Walker said: 'Movember is a fun charity with a serious message, we are hoping our clients will support us in raising money for a worthy cause and hope to play a part in spreading a serious message, in a fun way.'
The sports desk here at the Evening News have also been growing their facial fluff and have so far already raised over �500.
It seems Norfolk as a whole is doing well in the fundraising stakes, however, with the official Movember Norwich reaching �1,000 and a network of Norwich City fans collectively raising more than �3,400 already.
That leaves the 'NCFC' network in 34th place in the whole country, currently topped by financial experts Deloitte with just over �50,000 and closely followed by Barclays and British Airways with over �28,000 each.
- Donate to the Archant Norfolk sports desk fund at http://uk.movember.com/mospace/1378736 and join the NCFC network at http://uk.movember.com/mospace/network/NCFC
- Have you got a Movember story? Call David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org