Missing Norwich cockatiel found dead
David BaleA renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's catDavid Bale
A renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's cat.
As reported, Kathy Knight and daughter Danielle Clitheroe, 11, from Ambrose Close, Bowthorpe, asked Dominic Zenden, from Old Catton, to find their pet cockatiel, known as Cheech, who had vanished several weeks ago.
Mr Zenden was able to locate the bird to a nearby home in Costessey but when Ms Knight went around to bring him home, unfortunately he had been killed by a cat.
Mr Zenden said: 'Instead of a happy outcome it turned out to be a sad one.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Knight said they were devastated by their loss.
'We got Cheech back but it was not the way we hoped it would be,' she said. 'We have had Cheech cremated. I know it all sounds a bit over the top but she was our beloved pet.'
- 1 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 2 ‘Safeguarding’ teacher allowed vulnerable pupil to keep pills
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Road to close for three nights for £100,000 work
- 5 Big Issue seller on how lockdown pushed him closer to homelessness
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 8 Olives in Norwich launches cooked breakfast delivery service
- 9 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 10 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab