Missing Norwich cockatiel found dead
David BaleA renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's catDavid Bale
A renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's cat.
As reported, Kathy Knight and daughter Danielle Clitheroe, 11, from Ambrose Close, Bowthorpe, asked Dominic Zenden, from Old Catton, to find their pet cockatiel, known as Cheech, who had vanished several weeks ago.
Mr Zenden was able to locate the bird to a nearby home in Costessey but when Ms Knight went around to bring him home, unfortunately he had been killed by a cat.
Mr Zenden said: 'Instead of a happy outcome it turned out to be a sad one.'
Ms Knight said they were devastated by their loss.
'We got Cheech back but it was not the way we hoped it would be,' she said. 'We have had Cheech cremated. I know it all sounds a bit over the top but she was our beloved pet.'
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 4 'What on earth!' - City folk baffled by obstacle cone stuck in pavement
- 5 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 6 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 9 Bolted e-bike worth 'more than £1,000' nabbed from Norwich home
- 10 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?