Missing Norwich cockatiel found dead
David BaleA renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's catDavid Bale
A renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's cat.
As reported, Kathy Knight and daughter Danielle Clitheroe, 11, from Ambrose Close, Bowthorpe, asked Dominic Zenden, from Old Catton, to find their pet cockatiel, known as Cheech, who had vanished several weeks ago.
Mr Zenden was able to locate the bird to a nearby home in Costessey but when Ms Knight went around to bring him home, unfortunately he had been killed by a cat.
Mr Zenden said: 'Instead of a happy outcome it turned out to be a sad one.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Knight said they were devastated by their loss.
'We got Cheech back but it was not the way we hoped it would be,' she said. 'We have had Cheech cremated. I know it all sounds a bit over the top but she was our beloved pet.'
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 4 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 5 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 6 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 7 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 8 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'