Missing Norwich cockatiel found dead
David BaleA renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's catDavid Bale
A renowned Norwich medium who was enlisted to trace a missing pet cockatiel found the bird - but sadly it had been killed by a neighbour's cat.
As reported, Kathy Knight and daughter Danielle Clitheroe, 11, from Ambrose Close, Bowthorpe, asked Dominic Zenden, from Old Catton, to find their pet cockatiel, known as Cheech, who had vanished several weeks ago.
Mr Zenden was able to locate the bird to a nearby home in Costessey but when Ms Knight went around to bring him home, unfortunately he had been killed by a cat.
Mr Zenden said: 'Instead of a happy outcome it turned out to be a sad one.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Knight said they were devastated by their loss.
'We got Cheech back but it was not the way we hoped it would be,' she said. 'We have had Cheech cremated. I know it all sounds a bit over the top but she was our beloved pet.'
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 3 Police called as Horsford tree-hacker strikes again
- 4 Norwich nostalgia: Visit Eaton Park in the 1990s
- 5 Winners of the Eat Out Norwich Awards 2021 announced
- 6 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 7 Cob yobs launch crops at homes in bizarre attack
- 8 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 9 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 10 Three cars smash into wall at petrol station as bosses take action