It's time to have fun with fashion as clothes for kids get trendy for summer, says Emma Harrowing. The only problem now is that your child will want every item in their wardrobe.
It's definitely mini-me fashion for kids this summer. Take any trend and you are sure to find a smaller version for your kids albeit maxi dresses and gladiator sandals for girls or denim shorts and trilby's for boys. Even brand spanking new trends such as neon brights, 70s, all over denim and dare we say it head to toe white are topping the kid's fashion charts.
The Life Matters team are jealous of the young'uns as they have the excuse to buy an entire new wardrobe each season – us grown-ups can't blame growth spurts as an excess shopping excuse!
The good news is that many of these trends for kids are easy on the bank balance, so you may have some money left over to treat yourself once you have kitted them out.
For girls there is nothing cooler than summers 70s look and a maxi dress with gladiator heels and a floppy hat is a good look. If she isn't a girly-girl there are plenty of playsuits and leggings and T-shirts around that are more practical.
For boys think checked shorts with a T-shirt, or neon T-shirt with jeans, or for boys that are really fashion-conscience how about the double denim look layered over a T-shirt with a trilby.
Whatever their look, this season's fashion is all about having fun.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
Take a look at our kid's fashion photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right hand side of the page.