It's time to have fun with fashion as clothes for kids get trendy for summer, says Emma Harrowing. The only problem now is that your child will want every item in their wardrobe.
It's definitely mini-me fashion for kids this summer. Take any trend and you are sure to find a smaller version for your kids albeit maxi dresses and gladiator sandals for girls or denim shorts and trilby's for boys. Even brand spanking new trends such as neon brights, 70s, all over denim and dare we say it head to toe white are topping the kid's fashion charts.
The Life Matters team are jealous of the young'uns as they have the excuse to buy an entire new wardrobe each season – us grown-ups can't blame growth spurts as an excess shopping excuse!
The good news is that many of these trends for kids are easy on the bank balance, so you may have some money left over to treat yourself once you have kitted them out.
For girls there is nothing cooler than summers 70s look and a maxi dress with gladiator heels and a floppy hat is a good look. If she isn't a girly-girl there are plenty of playsuits and leggings and T-shirts around that are more practical.
You may also want to watch:
For boys think checked shorts with a T-shirt, or neon T-shirt with jeans, or for boys that are really fashion-conscience how about the double denim look layered over a T-shirt with a trilby.
Whatever their look, this season's fashion is all about having fun.
- 1 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 4 No more action against teenager arrested after fatal Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 8 Suspect identified in search for elderly man who undressed in park
- 9 'Fantastic' new hospital ward welcomes first patients
- 10 Power cut fix delayed due to tree branch stuck in overhead lines
Take a look at our kid's fashion photo gallery by clicking the link at the top right hand side of the page.