'Magnificent': Micah Richards on Sprowston youngster's goal line clearance
- Credit: Ricky Cleverley
A Norfolk youngster's stunning goal line clearance has been praised by BBC football pundit Micah Richards after it featured on Football Focus.
The video showed young defender George Cleverley backheeling the ball off the line during a match between Sprowston Tigers U10s and Costessey Dragons U10s in the Norfolk Combined Youth Football Team League.
He made the clearance after the goalkeeper Francis initially made a fingertip save from Costessey Dragons striker Freddie.
The clip was introduced by former Arsenal defender Alex Scott as part of a round-up of grassroots action commentated on by the BBC team.
Reacting to the clearance on Football Focus, Mr Richards said: "Absolutely magnificent, the way he gets his foot over there, I've done this before.
"That is amazing, well done George."
- 1 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 2 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 3 Shoe outlet opens first city centre branch in former Carphone Warehouse
- 4 Golden Triangle pub goes up for sale for half a million
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
- 7 Pensioner can't leave home because of 'obstacle course' outside
- 8 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?