'Magnificent': Micah Richards on Sprowston youngster's goal line clearance
- Credit: Ricky Cleverley
A Norfolk youngster's stunning goal line clearance has been praised by BBC football pundit Micah Richards after it featured on Football Focus.
The video showed young defender George Cleverley backheeling the ball off the line during a match between Sprowston Tigers U10s and Costessey Dragons U10s in the Norfolk Combined Youth Football Team League.
He made the clearance after the goalkeeper Francis initially made a fingertip save from Costessey Dragons striker Freddie.
The clip was introduced by former Arsenal defender Alex Scott as part of a round-up of grassroots action commentated on by the BBC team.
Reacting to the clearance on Football Focus, Mr Richards said: "Absolutely magnificent, the way he gets his foot over there, I've done this before.
"That is amazing, well done George."
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 5 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 6 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 7 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death