Mexican restaurant launches taco delivery with free loo roll
- Credit: Archant
Jive Kitchen in Norwich is turning up the heat and has started delivering emergency taco kits which also include a toilet roll.
With more people deciding to stay at home due to the spread of coronavirus, the owners of Jive Kitchen in Exchange Street have launched a delivery service to keep the business afloat.
The emergency taco kits, which serve two people, cost £25 and include a whole cooked roast chicken portioned up, with a vegetarian option of butternut squash, and it comes with pickles, black beans, green salsa, corn tortillas, chipotle aioli, two eggs and a loo roll.
Rowan Baker, 29, who owns the restaurant with partner Lizzie Cater, said: “Everything is already cooked and the chicken and beans come in a metal tray and will just need to be heated up in the oven and eggs cooked if customers want to put them on top.
“We decided to include the loo roll as we wanted it to be light-hearted and will come in handy if people want to slather their tacos in hot sauce.”
Mr Baker was left in a difficult position following Monday’s government announcement advising people to avoid restaurants, pubs and theatres.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Baker added: “The last couple of days have been crazy and the hardest thing was it felt like the pressure was all on me and other business owners to tell staff we are cutting shifts.
“We have stepped up our cleaning routine massively, even though we already have five stars, and we have been giving discount vouchers to customers as a thank you.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
“Some people may see the taco kit as expensive, but it is still our restaurant-quality food and we have to price it at that to make sure we can keep our staff.”
The delivery fee is £5 within a five-mile radius and it must be ordered at least a day in advance at jivekitchen.co.uk or by phone on 01603 620330 and collection is also available.