Men set out on Norfolk charity walk
Stephen PullingerChristopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.Stephen Pullinger
Christopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.
The pair will be following the Weavers' Way to Yarmouth and Angles Way to Thetford before joining the Peddars Way to Hunstanton and the Norfolk Coast Path to Cromer.
Mr Gatland, of Bromley, hopes to raise �1,000 for Haven House children's hospice in north London while Mr Moloney is raising funds for St Christopher's Hospice, in Sydenham.
Mr Gatland, a student at the University of Kent, Canterbury, said: 'I was planning to raise money for the children's hospice in last year's London Marathon but broke my leg just before the race.'
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Mr Gatland visit www.justgiving.com/chrisgatland
- 1 TikTok craze sparks calls to stop sale of beans to under-18s
- 2 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 3 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 4 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 5 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 6 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 7 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 8 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man in court over more than 84,000 indecent images