Men set out on Norfolk charity walk
Stephen PullingerChristopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.Stephen Pullinger
Christopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.
The pair will be following the Weavers' Way to Yarmouth and Angles Way to Thetford before joining the Peddars Way to Hunstanton and the Norfolk Coast Path to Cromer.
Mr Gatland, of Bromley, hopes to raise �1,000 for Haven House children's hospice in north London while Mr Moloney is raising funds for St Christopher's Hospice, in Sydenham.
Mr Gatland, a student at the University of Kent, Canterbury, said: 'I was planning to raise money for the children's hospice in last year's London Marathon but broke my leg just before the race.'
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Mr Gatland visit www.justgiving.com/chrisgatland
- 1 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 4 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 8 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 9 Why The Sunday Times named Norwich one of the best places to live in 2021
- 10 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen