Men set out on Norfolk charity walk
Stephen PullingerChristopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.Stephen Pullinger
Christopher Gatland, 21, and his godfather Kevin Moloney, 51, set out yesterday from Repps with Bastwick, near Great Yarmouth on a 13-day, 230-mile charity walk around Norfolk.
The pair will be following the Weavers' Way to Yarmouth and Angles Way to Thetford before joining the Peddars Way to Hunstanton and the Norfolk Coast Path to Cromer.
Mr Gatland, of Bromley, hopes to raise �1,000 for Haven House children's hospice in north London while Mr Moloney is raising funds for St Christopher's Hospice, in Sydenham.
Mr Gatland, a student at the University of Kent, Canterbury, said: 'I was planning to raise money for the children's hospice in last year's London Marathon but broke my leg just before the race.'
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Mr Gatland visit www.justgiving.com/chrisgatland
- 1 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 New 24-hour McDonald's branch poised for green light
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 8 Crash between two cars left road partially closed
- 9 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
- 10 Could free public transport rescue Norwich city centre?