Two men die in crash near Norfolk Showground
- Credit: Archant
Two men have died following a crash near the Norfolk Showground.
The incident happened on the A1074 Dereham Road at 5pm on Friday when a blue Subaru Legacy car was involved in a collision with two pedestrians.
The driver of the Subaru, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. One of the pedestrians, a man in his 40s, was also pronounced dead at the scene.
The second pedestrian, a woman in her 50s, sustained life-changing injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. She remains in a serious condition.
The road was closed while emergency services, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, dealt with the incident. It reopened at 1.20am Saturday morning.
Police would like to hear from witnesses and anybody who may have seen the manner of driving of the vehicle immediately before the collision. They would also like to speak to anybody who was in the area at the time and has dash-cam footage.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash-cam footage is asked to email Andrew Hughes in the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 101 quoting reference number 313 of November 22 2019.
- 1 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 2 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 3 Tenants battled 'extreme mould' for months
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 City star Buendia reveals Messi's Argentina intervention
- 6 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 7 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done
- 8 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 9 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 10 Pub relying on British public's resolve ahead of reopening outside space