Two men die in crash near Norfolk Showground
- Credit: Archant
Two men have died following a crash near the Norfolk Showground.
The incident happened on the A1074 Dereham Road at 5pm on Friday when a blue Subaru Legacy car was involved in a collision with two pedestrians.
The driver of the Subaru, a man in his 30s, died at the scene. One of the pedestrians, a man in his 40s, was also pronounced dead at the scene.
The second pedestrian, a woman in her 50s, sustained life-changing injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. She remains in a serious condition.
The road was closed while emergency services, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, dealt with the incident. It reopened at 1.20am Saturday morning.
Police would like to hear from witnesses and anybody who may have seen the manner of driving of the vehicle immediately before the collision. They would also like to speak to anybody who was in the area at the time and has dash-cam footage.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information or dash-cam footage is asked to email Andrew Hughes in the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Wymondham at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 101 quoting reference number 313 of November 22 2019.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 7 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students