Membership boost for Norfolk Referee Association
Refereeing in Norfolk has received a boost to kickstart 2012, with the news that the County's Referee Association has increased its membership during 2011-12. With two months of the current subscription year still remaining, the Norfolk RA County Committee has reported that membership is 195 – eight per cent up on the final total for the previous year.
County RA secretary Mike Potter said: 'The increase we've seen can be put down to recent membership recruitment and retention initiatives, that have been made possible due to the support of Norfolk FA and the hard work of the committee and local Norfolk branch officers.
'Particularly pleasing is the significant increase in Under-18 members, who are not just the future of refereeing in the county, but also the future of the RA.'
Members of the RA are not just the active referees in the county, but also include assessors, referee tutors, mentors and those retired referees who still enjoy the company of their colleagues.
This mix means that newly-qualified referees and those seeking promotion to higher levels have a wealth of experience at their disposal.
Members also benefit from the RA's national insurance policy, covering accident or injury whilst on refereeing duties or travelling to official meetings.
In-service training ensures members are able to hone their refereeing skills and high-profile guest speakers, such as Norfolk's World Cup final match official Darren Cann, visit the branches on a regular basis.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 School sacks suspended teacher after investigation and petition
- 6 House price boom pushing city buyers out of the market
- 7 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 8 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
- 9 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
There are six RA branches in Norfolk, meaning monthly meetings are within reach wherever prospective members live.
Membership information can be obtained from Mike Potter at email@example.com or by calling 01953 788792.