Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- Credit: Archant
Council officers have closed an investigation into a food poisoning complaint lodged against a Norwich takeaway.
Norwich City Council confirmed they were looking into a complaint against the business and following an inspection of the premises, the food complaint process had been closed.
The complaint will be recorded against the business for future reference and a full report of the inspection released in due course.
The takeaway's manager Erkan Gulbahce denied the claim and insisted all of its food is cooked properly.
He said an inspection took place on Thursday afternoon with the takeaway receiving a rating of three from an inspector, improving from a one-star rating in December.
He said: "We make sure the chicken is cooked properly.
"There have been lots of improvements here."
Following the closure of the investigation, Chéri Howard, Zayne's mum, said: "To be told due to them not having any other complaints of the food on that day [the complaint is closed], it only takes one item of food to cause this."
- 1 Burst water main causes water shortage in Norwich
- 2 7 cheap or free things to do in Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
- 4 Friends rally to raise funds for widow over wedding refund
- 5 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 6 Have you seen the 'Milk' graffiti daubed all over Norwich?
- 7 See penthouse views from Norwich rooftop listed for sale for £1.65m
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Riverside dog-friendly bar opens in city for summertime
- 10 Cut above the rest: Hair salon premises for sale