Curtains up! Drama school dream achieved thanks to donations
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Budding starlet Meg Artherton is set to head to the big city after donations from the public allowed her to secure a place at a prestigious drama school.
Norwich 24-year-old Meg faced six years of rejection before finally getting the call she'd been waiting for.
London-based drama school Mountview offered her a place - but Meg was £2,500 short on the fees.
Launching a campaign online saw 68 people contribute to the fees.
Meg said: "I just want to say thank you so much to everyone.
You may also want to watch:
"Seeing the generosity and support of so many people, I just couldn't believe it."
She added: "I can go and train in what I love to do, finally. Thank you so much to the people who donated - I promise I'll make you proud."
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?