Have your say over future of live music in Norwich at meeting
- Credit: EDP pics © 2011(01603) 772434
A meeting is due to be held to discuss the future of live music in Norwich.
Megan Thrift has organised the Future of Norwich Music Forum Meeting from 7pm to 9pm on Monday, October 8.
It will be held at the Brickmakers pub, on Sprowston Road in Norwich.
It comes off the back of a new Facebook group, set up to discuss issues facing music venues around the city.
A Facebook page for the night says it is for 'anyone and everyone with an interest in local live music'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Veterans plan alternative Remembrance Service after council's is cancelled
- 9 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 10 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
It says the event is so people can discuss issues facing the future of live music, as well as to put forward ideas and network with other music-lovers, promoters and musicians.
The Brickmakers, a popular pub and music venue, is currently in talks with its owners Ei Publican Partnerships over its future, after the landlords said they were due to step down.