Meet the talented youngsters in the upcoming Norwich Theatre Royal Pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk
- Credit: Archant
Superstar dancers aged between 6-11 from the Central School of Dance in Norwich are set to star in the upcoming Theatre Royal panto Jack and the Beanstalk.
Dee Jago, choreographer, who auditioned the youngsters said: 'We're looking for a good personality with lots of smiles.
'We need three groups for the pantomime which is around 30 youngsters and around 60 have auditioned.'
Pupils at the school, located on St Georges Street, had three hour long sessions in the Sundays leading up to the audition.
Adam Carpenter, co-principal, said: 'They had to learn a song from Toy Story and a dance so that they felt prepared to come and learn Dee's choreography.'
The chosen pupils then had to come to after school costume fittings to make sure they all fit and that they could still do the dances in them.
Each dancer has four costumes to wear during the panto.
- 1 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 2 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 3 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 4 Hidden city garden opening with live music and plant sale
- 5 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 6 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 7 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 8 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 9 'Killer weeds infesting river are threat to life', warns boat boss
- 10 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
Jack and the Beanstalk runs from Tuesday December 13-Sunday January 15 at the Norwich Theatre Royal.
You can get tickets here.