Meet the talented youngsters in the upcoming Norwich Theatre Royal Pantomime Jack and the Beanstalk
- Credit: Archant
Superstar dancers aged between 6-11 from the Central School of Dance in Norwich are set to star in the upcoming Theatre Royal panto Jack and the Beanstalk.
Dee Jago, choreographer, who auditioned the youngsters said: 'We're looking for a good personality with lots of smiles.
'We need three groups for the pantomime which is around 30 youngsters and around 60 have auditioned.'
Pupils at the school, located on St Georges Street, had three hour long sessions in the Sundays leading up to the audition.
Adam Carpenter, co-principal, said: 'They had to learn a song from Toy Story and a dance so that they felt prepared to come and learn Dee's choreography.'
The chosen pupils then had to come to after school costume fittings to make sure they all fit and that they could still do the dances in them.
Each dancer has four costumes to wear during the panto.
- 1 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 2 £3.1m roadworks on new bus lane and crossings could last for ONE YEAR
- 3 Restaurant owner 'excited' as Norwich street is permanently pedestrianised
- 4 Busy road to partially close for line repainting at end of new bus lane
- 5 From mustard to postcodes: 15 things Norwich has given the world
- 6 Seven-bed Edwardian home with heated swimming pool for sale
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 See inside this Tudor townhouse for sale for £325,000
- 9 Could ANOTHER McDonald's be coming to Norwich?
- 10 High-flyer at school to heroin addict - City homeless man reveals his story
Jack and the Beanstalk runs from Tuesday December 13-Sunday January 15 at the Norwich Theatre Royal.
You can get tickets here.