Meet the Norwich City supporters in the running for Fan of the Season
- Credit: Norwich City Football Club
Three Canaries supporters have been shortlisted for Norwich City's Michelle Dack Fan of the Season Award for 2021/22.
Named after a popular superfan who died in January 2018, the club has received more than 150 nominations for this season's award.
The club has subsequently whittled them down to three: Amber Sheehy, Jill Dann and Cillian O'Grady.
Having been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumour when she was five, Amber has had surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy to help get rid of cancer.
Following successful treatment, she is now living life to the fullest and has become a big City fan.
Amber recently met some of the first team squad and hopes to join an under-nines girls team next season to play in goal.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 3 Dad left fuming as royal flag stolen weeks before jubilee weekend
- 4 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 7 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 8 Police descend on city home 'frightening the life' out of neighbours
- 9 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Race for Life pictures?
Mum, Amanda, said: "Considering only a few years ago she had to gain the strength to walk and kick a ball, now she's unstoppable."
After becoming renowned as the scarf-waving city fan, 82-year-old Jill Dann has experienced many highs and lows while supporting the club over the past 43 years.
Having recently dealt with the return of cancer, Jill still attends every home match and listens to commentary when Norwich play away from home.
But it's her unselfishness that has shone through this season after she upgraded her season ticket so her granddaughter's boyfriend could go as a birthday present to the match against Manchester United and potentially miss her first home match for 43 years.
However, city goalkeeper Angus Gunn and his club legend father Bryan found out and offered Jill and her partner a ticket so that she was able to watch the match.
Living in Dublin, Cillian has to travel from Ireland every time he wants to watch his team play in the flesh at Carrow Road.
Having followed the Canaries in many away matches this season such as trips to Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and Brighton, Cillian is a positive supporter who likes to look at the bright side.
He has become a season ticket holder for the 2022/23 season and plans to keep attending as many away matches as possible.
To vote for Norwich City's Fan of the Season, click here.