Meet the designers: Marian Williams
Norwich designer brings natural fashion to Norwich Fashion Week
Norwich based textile artist Marian makes beautiful, environmentally conscious silk clothing, which is dyed and painted with colours from locally sourced plant matter.
Marian trained at City College Norwich and the Norwich University of the Arts.
She uses shibori, layering and natural dying techniques inspired by local man-made and natural surroundings. Marian Williams is sold at Ethika on Timberhill.
You may also want to watch:
Showing at: Norwich Fashion Week launch party catwalk show at The Library Restaurant on Thursday February 17, 2011, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 8 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 9 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 10 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight