Meet the designers - Marian Eve Williams
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
Marian is back with her third eco- inspired collection for Norwich Fashion Week.
Marian is no stranger to Norwich Fashion Week having showcased her collections as part of the week since Norwich Fashion Week began in 2010. The Norwich based textile artist makes beautiful, environmentally conscious clothing and accessories, dyed and painted with colours from natural dyes.
Marian trained at Norwich City College and the Norwich School of Art and Design (now Norwich University of the Arts). She has developed her work using shibori, layering and natural dying techniques with her inspiration coming from her local surroundings, both man-made and natural.
She also uses flowers (such as Coreopsis) and leaves (such as Japanese Maple) from her local environment to print directly onto cloth, making each piece into a unique artwork. The resulting creations evoke an unusual fusion of traditional craft and enduring contemporary design.
Marian's designs are available from Ethika on Pottergate in Norwich Lanes.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'