Meet the designers - Marian Eve Williams
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
Marian is back with her third eco- inspired collection for Norwich Fashion Week.
Marian is no stranger to Norwich Fashion Week having showcased her collections as part of the week since Norwich Fashion Week began in 2010. The Norwich based textile artist makes beautiful, environmentally conscious clothing and accessories, dyed and painted with colours from natural dyes.
Marian trained at Norwich City College and the Norwich School of Art and Design (now Norwich University of the Arts). She has developed her work using shibori, layering and natural dying techniques with her inspiration coming from her local surroundings, both man-made and natural.
She also uses flowers (such as Coreopsis) and leaves (such as Japanese Maple) from her local environment to print directly onto cloth, making each piece into a unique artwork. The resulting creations evoke an unusual fusion of traditional craft and enduring contemporary design.
You may also want to watch:
Marian's designs are available from Ethika on Pottergate in Norwich Lanes.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 10 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker