Meet the designers - Marian Eve Williams
- Credit: Archant Â© 2011
Marian is back with her third eco- inspired collection for Norwich Fashion Week.
Marian is no stranger to Norwich Fashion Week having showcased her collections as part of the week since Norwich Fashion Week began in 2010. The Norwich based textile artist makes beautiful, environmentally conscious clothing and accessories, dyed and painted with colours from natural dyes.
Marian trained at Norwich City College and the Norwich School of Art and Design (now Norwich University of the Arts). She has developed her work using shibori, layering and natural dying techniques with her inspiration coming from her local surroundings, both man-made and natural.
She also uses flowers (such as Coreopsis) and leaves (such as Japanese Maple) from her local environment to print directly onto cloth, making each piece into a unique artwork. The resulting creations evoke an unusual fusion of traditional craft and enduring contemporary design.
You may also want to watch:
Marian's designs are available from Ethika on Pottergate in Norwich Lanes.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Praise for city's welcoming spirit after 'phenomenal' Norwich Pride