Meet the 2010 winner of our Bonny Babies competition
Fifteen months ago, young Theo Winter was fighting for his life after falling dangerously ill with an infection at birth.
Having won his battle for survival, the youngster is now in full health and has been named as the bonniest baby in Norfolk.
Hundreds of doting mums and dads entered their little ones into the 2010 Evening News Bonny Babies Competition.
A staggering 7,769 readers phoned in and sent text messages to vote for the cutest youngster.
The overall winner is Theo, from Easton, while little Ava-May Lowe from Wymondham took the title for girls aged under 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Young Kian Saunders from Norwich won the category for boys over 18 months and Grazie Lee Bird from Norwich was named as the cutest girl aged over 18 months.
Young Theo's victory in the competition has come just over a year after the 15 month old was in a coma for five days.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
Soon after the tot was born, his lungs and arteries collapsed. Unknown to his mum Kirsty Winter, who gave birth to Theo at 33 weeks, she had been carrying the bacterial infection Group B Streptococcus GBS) which had been passed on to her third child.
It was 'touch and go' as the newly-born fought for his life at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Today, Mrs Winter said she was 'thrilled' Theo had won the competition.
The 37-year-old, who is married to Chris and has two other children, Lydia, 11 and Ethan, eight, said: 'He is in full health now and you would never have known anything was wrong with him.
'He is such a bonny baby. He is so happy all the time and is always smiling and chatting. I can't go anywhere without people commenting on how big and beautiful his eyes are and how lovely his eyelashes are. He is bit of a charmer really.'
Young Theo has won his family �1,000 worth of vouchers to spend on portrait products with Venture Photography.
Category prize winners will also get �145 worth of family experiences at the Mall store.
David Cheese, director of Venture Photography Norwich, said: 'It was a fantastic week and it was great to see lots of different families come through.'
Has your youngster survived a life-threatening ordeal? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org