Meet the 2010 winner of our Bonny Babies competition
Fifteen months ago, young Theo Winter was fighting for his life after falling dangerously ill with an infection at birth.
Having won his battle for survival, the youngster is now in full health and has been named as the bonniest baby in Norfolk.
Hundreds of doting mums and dads entered their little ones into the 2010 Evening News Bonny Babies Competition.
A staggering 7,769 readers phoned in and sent text messages to vote for the cutest youngster.
The overall winner is Theo, from Easton, while little Ava-May Lowe from Wymondham took the title for girls aged under 18 months.
You may also want to watch:
Young Kian Saunders from Norwich won the category for boys over 18 months and Grazie Lee Bird from Norwich was named as the cutest girl aged over 18 months.
Young Theo's victory in the competition has come just over a year after the 15 month old was in a coma for five days.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 8 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 9 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
Soon after the tot was born, his lungs and arteries collapsed. Unknown to his mum Kirsty Winter, who gave birth to Theo at 33 weeks, she had been carrying the bacterial infection Group B Streptococcus GBS) which had been passed on to her third child.
It was 'touch and go' as the newly-born fought for his life at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Today, Mrs Winter said she was 'thrilled' Theo had won the competition.
The 37-year-old, who is married to Chris and has two other children, Lydia, 11 and Ethan, eight, said: 'He is in full health now and you would never have known anything was wrong with him.
'He is such a bonny baby. He is so happy all the time and is always smiling and chatting. I can't go anywhere without people commenting on how big and beautiful his eyes are and how lovely his eyelashes are. He is bit of a charmer really.'
Young Theo has won his family �1,000 worth of vouchers to spend on portrait products with Venture Photography.
Category prize winners will also get �145 worth of family experiences at the Mall store.
David Cheese, director of Venture Photography Norwich, said: 'It was a fantastic week and it was great to see lots of different families come through.'
Has your youngster survived a life-threatening ordeal? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email email@example.com