Why was Norwich McDonald's the only branch in UK lit up in red?
- Credit: David Parry/PA Wire
One of Norwich's McDonald's restaurants played a starring role in the launch of the company's latest UK product.
The fast food giant is set to introduce its new McSpicy burger at UK locations this week, with the Tuckswood restaurant off Barrett Road one of only two in the country to take part in a launch event.
McDonalds surveyed more than 5,000 adults across the country, and found customers in Norwich had the lowest tolerance to spice compared to the rest of the country.
As a result, the Tuckswood restaurant was lit up in red to represent the city's sensitive tastebuds.
Wolverhampton came out on top as the area which loves the heat the most, so one of the locations there was lit up in green.
You may also want to watch:
To help those who struggle with spice, all McSpicy orders via the Mt McDonald's app will come with a free Happy Meal milk.
The McSpicy is available from July 14 for six weeks, up to August 24.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 7 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available