Massive music project for Norwich
The first major project for next year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival has been announced - and local saxophone players are needed to help make it work.
Saxophone Massive, a performance by 200 professional and amateur saxophonists, will be performed at the festival's launch in May next year, led by internationally renowned jazz saxophonist Andy Sheppard.
The festival team is calling saxophonists across Norwich and Norfolk of all ages and abilities to come and join him in the performance.
To kick-start the project, Norfolk & Norwich Festival and MusicLeader East in association with Serious are hosting a master class day for saxophone teachers and players interested in teaching at The Garage in Norwich on October 15.
Mr Sheppard, who will lead the master class, said: 'I have a long-standing relationship with Norfolk & Norwich Festival so it's doubly exciting to be able to bring such an ambitious project to Norwich and get the chance to meet and work with so many local sax players.'
You may also want to watch:
Saxophone Massive is designed to be a free event for all the community.
To register your interest in joining the Saxophone Massive or to go along to the Andy Sheppard Master Class at The Garage on October 15, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 City fan park takes shape ahead of England's Euro 2020 opener
- 2 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
Rehearsals for May's performance of Saxophone Massive will begin in February 2011.