Massive music project for Norwich
The first major project for next year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival has been announced - and local saxophone players are needed to help make it work.
Saxophone Massive, a performance by 200 professional and amateur saxophonists, will be performed at the festival's launch in May next year, led by internationally renowned jazz saxophonist Andy Sheppard.
The festival team is calling saxophonists across Norwich and Norfolk of all ages and abilities to come and join him in the performance.
To kick-start the project, Norfolk & Norwich Festival and MusicLeader East in association with Serious are hosting a master class day for saxophone teachers and players interested in teaching at The Garage in Norwich on October 15.
Mr Sheppard, who will lead the master class, said: 'I have a long-standing relationship with Norfolk & Norwich Festival so it's doubly exciting to be able to bring such an ambitious project to Norwich and get the chance to meet and work with so many local sax players.'
You may also want to watch:
Saxophone Massive is designed to be a free event for all the community.
To register your interest in joining the Saxophone Massive or to go along to the Andy Sheppard Master Class at The Garage on October 15, email email@example.com.
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 8 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
Rehearsals for May's performance of Saxophone Massive will begin in February 2011.