Massive music project for Norwich
The first major project for next year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival has been announced - and local saxophone players are needed to help make it work.
Saxophone Massive, a performance by 200 professional and amateur saxophonists, will be performed at the festival's launch in May next year, led by internationally renowned jazz saxophonist Andy Sheppard.
The festival team is calling saxophonists across Norwich and Norfolk of all ages and abilities to come and join him in the performance.
To kick-start the project, Norfolk & Norwich Festival and MusicLeader East in association with Serious are hosting a master class day for saxophone teachers and players interested in teaching at The Garage in Norwich on October 15.
Mr Sheppard, who will lead the master class, said: 'I have a long-standing relationship with Norfolk & Norwich Festival so it's doubly exciting to be able to bring such an ambitious project to Norwich and get the chance to meet and work with so many local sax players.'
Saxophone Massive is designed to be a free event for all the community.
To register your interest in joining the Saxophone Massive or to go along to the Andy Sheppard Master Class at The Garage on October 15, email email@example.com.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 3 New homeware shop is 'dream come true' for owner
- 4 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 5 Country pub announces closure due to rising costs
- 6 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home
- 7 New music festival with street food to take place in city centre park
- 8 Four restaurants in Norwich nominated for national awards
- 9 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 10 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
Rehearsals for May's performance of Saxophone Massive will begin in February 2011.