Massive music project for Norwich
The first major project for next year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival has been announced - and local saxophone players are needed to help make it work.
Saxophone Massive, a performance by 200 professional and amateur saxophonists, will be performed at the festival's launch in May next year, led by internationally renowned jazz saxophonist Andy Sheppard.
The festival team is calling saxophonists across Norwich and Norfolk of all ages and abilities to come and join him in the performance.
To kick-start the project, Norfolk & Norwich Festival and MusicLeader East in association with Serious are hosting a master class day for saxophone teachers and players interested in teaching at The Garage in Norwich on October 15.
Mr Sheppard, who will lead the master class, said: 'I have a long-standing relationship with Norfolk & Norwich Festival so it's doubly exciting to be able to bring such an ambitious project to Norwich and get the chance to meet and work with so many local sax players.'
You may also want to watch:
Saxophone Massive is designed to be a free event for all the community.
To register your interest in joining the Saxophone Massive or to go along to the Andy Sheppard Master Class at The Garage on October 15, email email@example.com.
- 1 Norwich firm fined £1m over explosion which killed much-loved father
- 2 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 3 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 4 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 5 Man appears in court over Thorpe St Andrew murder
- 6 Eyesore tags or street art? Artists on graffiti 'tagging' trend
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
- 9 'No amount of money will be enough': Explosion widow on £1m chemical fine
- 10 ‘Now is NOT the time’: Bosses’ backlash over congestion charge idea
Rehearsals for May's performance of Saxophone Massive will begin in February 2011.