Norwich band MARLA to release EP recorded at Abbey Road Studios
- Credit: Supplied by MARLA
Norwich-based post-rock band MARLA are set to release their brand new EP on March 31.
The EP was recorded at the legendary Abbey Road Studios in London after one of their demos found it's way into the hands of a recording engineer at the studio.
'This EP represents our transition to a more innovative and progressive sound, eschewing the conventions of rock which are really getting tired,' explain MARLA.
'We recorded these tracks before we started working on our current album, we hope this will get people ready for that.'
Formed in 2012 under the initiative of their original bass player, MARLA drew early influences from the likes of Foals and Jack White.
You may also want to watch:
Following the depature of their founding member, and the addition of their new bass player Ryan Williamson, the band continued their journey towards a more experimental post-rock sound.
Alongside the EP, MARLA are currently recording an ambitious new album which is set for release at the back end of 2019.
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 3 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 4 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 7 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 8 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 9 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 10 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home