Mark Lanegan Band to headline The Waterfront in Norwich
- Credit: Mark Lanegan
Mark Lanegan is coming to Norwich soon to headline The Waterfront on November 28.
Mark Lanegan's musical career first begun in 1984 when he formed grunge band Screaming Trees with Gary Lee Conner, Van Conner and Mark Pickerel.
During this time he started a low-key solo career releasing his first solo studio album, The Winding Sheet, in 1990.
Since then he has released a further nine studio albums which have recieved massive critical recognition, but only moderate commercial success.
He's also featured on Queens of the Stone Age album 'Rated R' where he sang lead vocals on the tracks 'In the Fade', 'Leg of Lamb', 'Autopilot' and 'I Think I Lost My Headache'. He became a full-time member shortly after the release of 'Field Songs' continuing to sing lead and backing vocals on multiple albums even after leaving the band in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
'Bubblegum' was the first album released as the Mark Lanegan Band with further records released in the following years.
After the release of Gargoyle, the Mark Lanegan Band announced the release of 'Still Life With Roses', a six-track EP of remixes from the LP by various producers whose work he admires.
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 6 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 10 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
The EP was released on September 29 and is also available as 12' vinyl and download and comprises a brilliant array of remixes by the likes of Andrew Weatherall, BLOOD MUSIC, Adrian Sherwood and Pye Corner Audio.
Highly-rated as a live band, visitors to the Waterfront can expect a night of loud, emotional and epic tunes, perfectly compliented by Lanegan's gravelly tones.