Mark Lanegan Band to headline The Waterfront in Norwich
- Credit: Mark Lanegan
Mark Lanegan is coming to Norwich soon to headline The Waterfront on November 28.
Mark Lanegan's musical career first begun in 1984 when he formed grunge band Screaming Trees with Gary Lee Conner, Van Conner and Mark Pickerel.
During this time he started a low-key solo career releasing his first solo studio album, The Winding Sheet, in 1990.
Since then he has released a further nine studio albums which have recieved massive critical recognition, but only moderate commercial success.
He's also featured on Queens of the Stone Age album 'Rated R' where he sang lead vocals on the tracks 'In the Fade', 'Leg of Lamb', 'Autopilot' and 'I Think I Lost My Headache'. He became a full-time member shortly after the release of 'Field Songs' continuing to sing lead and backing vocals on multiple albums even after leaving the band in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
'Bubblegum' was the first album released as the Mark Lanegan Band with further records released in the following years.
After the release of Gargoyle, the Mark Lanegan Band announced the release of 'Still Life With Roses', a six-track EP of remixes from the LP by various producers whose work he admires.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Tenants living in freezing, dark flats after power went out FIVE days ago
- 10 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
The EP was released on September 29 and is also available as 12' vinyl and download and comprises a brilliant array of remixes by the likes of Andrew Weatherall, BLOOD MUSIC, Adrian Sherwood and Pye Corner Audio.
Highly-rated as a live band, visitors to the Waterfront can expect a night of loud, emotional and epic tunes, perfectly compliented by Lanegan's gravelly tones.