Manchester United relegated - in Norwich
Kim BriscoeIt is not every day you see Stoke City lift the Premier League trophy and witness Manchester United get relegated, but that is exactly what happed at an event recreating the top flight of football's season in just one day.Kim Briscoe
It is not every day you see Stoke City lift the Premier League trophy and witness Manchester United get relegated, but that is exactly what happed at an event recreating the top flight of football's season in just one day.
Over a period of 12 hours, 380 games were played at the Norfolk FA's football development centre in Bowthrope as part of a unique five-a-side football tournament called 'Premier League Season in Just One Day'.
Organised by Anglian Home Improvements, the mad-cap event has so far raised more than �20,000 for Sport Relief, with more due to roll in when an online auction of signed kit and merchandise finishes on Friday.
The tournament was the brainchild of Russell Ellis, online administrator at Anglian Home Improvements, and featured a live league table which was updated after each eight-minute fixture, as well as boasting a visit from the real Premier League trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Sports store JJB donated a hundreds of pounds worth of kit and equipment and many Premier League clubs also donated signed kits for the event, which was on Saturday and featured teams from Anglian and a range of other businesses from the region.
Mr Ellis said: 'We had a few injuries and some of the games had to be played at walking pace but everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and had a good day.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 3 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 4 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 5 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 8 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 9 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 10 Norwich man goes on trial accused of murder of man in Northampton
'Everyone seems to be a bit sore but happy, and it was all for a good cause.'
More information about the auction and how to bid is available online at http://blog.anglianhome.co.uk/.