Managers in bid to make pub a hub for community
The people behind the reopened Heartsease pub in Norwich aim to make it the 'hub of the community' and have already received the backing of the city's mayor.
The Plumstead Road pub has undergone a �200,000 make-over, which has created 14 jobs, and has been transformed into a John Barras franchise pub.
It has received new d�cor, new furniture and a refurbished bar with updated guest toilets. New equipment has also been installed in the kitchen, and the new managers hope to boost their food sales with two main meals for �10 running all day, every day.
Rebecca Barber, who manages the pub with partner Michael Breame, said: 'We're thrilled with the new look for the Heartsease and that our Lord Mayor, Ralph Gayton has been able to officially open the pub for us.
'We really want to make the pub the hub of the local community and to do that we are offering great value, great service and always something on every night of the week.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gayton said: 'It's great to see such a fantastic pub being developed in Norwich. This investment has created a unique community pub for the whole area and I'm looking forward to pulling, and hopefully drinking the first pint.
'I would also congratulate the company on the refurbishment and, of course, for the creation of new jobs and to wish all concerned happiness and success in this new venture.'
- 1 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 2 An ‘Après Ski’ inspired food and drink event is coming to Norwich
- 3 Norwich pub to host Christmas market and Disney breakfast
- 4 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 5 'We've lost £300,000': Bar owner slams £1,000 grant 'insult'
- 6 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?
John Barras is a brand from Spirit Pub Company which owns and operates 800 managed pubs across the UK.
As reported, another historic Norwich pub, the Woolpack in Golden Ball Street was converted into a John Barras pub in May, after a �200,000 make-over. The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal
Tell us what's happening at your local? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com