Managers in bid to make pub a hub for community
The people behind the reopened Heartsease pub in Norwich aim to make it the 'hub of the community' and have already received the backing of the city's mayor.
The Plumstead Road pub has undergone a �200,000 make-over, which has created 14 jobs, and has been transformed into a John Barras franchise pub.
It has received new d�cor, new furniture and a refurbished bar with updated guest toilets. New equipment has also been installed in the kitchen, and the new managers hope to boost their food sales with two main meals for �10 running all day, every day.
Rebecca Barber, who manages the pub with partner Michael Breame, said: 'We're thrilled with the new look for the Heartsease and that our Lord Mayor, Ralph Gayton has been able to officially open the pub for us.
'We really want to make the pub the hub of the local community and to do that we are offering great value, great service and always something on every night of the week.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Gayton said: 'It's great to see such a fantastic pub being developed in Norwich. This investment has created a unique community pub for the whole area and I'm looking forward to pulling, and hopefully drinking the first pint.
'I would also congratulate the company on the refurbishment and, of course, for the creation of new jobs and to wish all concerned happiness and success in this new venture.'
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 3 Armed police called to reports of man with knife
- 4 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 5 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 Key route into city closes for a week for safety improvement work
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Five people spiked at three Norwich venues over the weekend
- 10 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
John Barras is a brand from Spirit Pub Company which owns and operates 800 managed pubs across the UK.
As reported, another historic Norwich pub, the Woolpack in Golden Ball Street was converted into a John Barras pub in May, after a �200,000 make-over. The Evening News has been urging people to return to pubs in our Love your Local campaign.
To see more stories from the campaign visit www.eveningnews24.co.uk/ loveyourlocal
Tell us what's happening at your local? Call David Bale on 01603 772427 or email firstname.lastname@example.org