Man stabbed five times in Norwich flat
Sam EmanuelPolice have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a serious violent incident took place there last night.Sam Emanuel
Police have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a man was stabbed several times there last night.
The flat, in Paragon Place off Earlham Road, was the scene of an attack in which a 25-year-old man was stabbed five times in his arm and chest. Emergency services were called just after 9pm and remained at the scene overnight. The victim is currently in hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: 'We were called at 9.07pm to reports of a man in his 20s with multiple stab wounds. There were five in total - two to the chest.'
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident and are now in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but they would like to hear from witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DS Richard Dickinson at Bethel Street Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 6 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill.
Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to a minimum of six years in prison after stabbing, punching and strangling Mr Middleton, leaving him with 87 injuries.
He was also given 21 months to run concurrently for causing actual bodily harm to Darren Peacher, a friend of Mr Middleton's who he had attacked with a Samurai sword a few days before the fatal attack on Mr Middleton.