Man stabbed five times in Norwich flat
Sam EmanuelPolice have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a serious violent incident took place there last night.Sam Emanuel
Police have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a man was stabbed several times there last night.
The flat, in Paragon Place off Earlham Road, was the scene of an attack in which a 25-year-old man was stabbed five times in his arm and chest. Emergency services were called just after 9pm and remained at the scene overnight. The victim is currently in hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: 'We were called at 9.07pm to reports of a man in his 20s with multiple stab wounds. There were five in total - two to the chest.'
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident and are now in police custody.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but they would like to hear from witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DS Richard Dickinson at Bethel Street Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 6 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill.
Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to a minimum of six years in prison after stabbing, punching and strangling Mr Middleton, leaving him with 87 injuries.
He was also given 21 months to run concurrently for causing actual bodily harm to Darren Peacher, a friend of Mr Middleton's who he had attacked with a Samurai sword a few days before the fatal attack on Mr Middleton.