Man stabbed five times in Norwich flat
Sam EmanuelPolice have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a serious violent incident took place there last night.Sam Emanuel
Police have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a man was stabbed several times there last night.
The flat, in Paragon Place off Earlham Road, was the scene of an attack in which a 25-year-old man was stabbed five times in his arm and chest. Emergency services were called just after 9pm and remained at the scene overnight. The victim is currently in hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: 'We were called at 9.07pm to reports of a man in his 20s with multiple stab wounds. There were five in total - two to the chest.'
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident and are now in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but they would like to hear from witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DS Richard Dickinson at Bethel Street Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 3 'Unacceptable': Council hits out at soiled clothing left in public toilets
- 4 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
- 5 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
- 6 Campaigners angry as park hedge cut down for tennis court scheme
- 7 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 8 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Glass smashed and racist graffiti sprayed onto Norwich house
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill.
Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to a minimum of six years in prison after stabbing, punching and strangling Mr Middleton, leaving him with 87 injuries.
He was also given 21 months to run concurrently for causing actual bodily harm to Darren Peacher, a friend of Mr Middleton's who he had attacked with a Samurai sword a few days before the fatal attack on Mr Middleton.