Man stabbed five times in Norwich flat
Sam EmanuelPolice have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a serious violent incident took place there last night.Sam Emanuel
Police have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a man was stabbed several times there last night.
The flat, in Paragon Place off Earlham Road, was the scene of an attack in which a 25-year-old man was stabbed five times in his arm and chest. Emergency services were called just after 9pm and remained at the scene overnight. The victim is currently in hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: 'We were called at 9.07pm to reports of a man in his 20s with multiple stab wounds. There were five in total - two to the chest.'
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident and are now in police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but they would like to hear from witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DS Richard Dickinson at Bethel Street Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 4 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 5 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 6 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 7 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 8 Bakery pushes back Norwich reopening date after daily taking dropped to £26
- 9 Motorcyclist taken to hospital with leg injuries after NDR crash
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill.
Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to a minimum of six years in prison after stabbing, punching and strangling Mr Middleton, leaving him with 87 injuries.
He was also given 21 months to run concurrently for causing actual bodily harm to Darren Peacher, a friend of Mr Middleton's who he had attacked with a Samurai sword a few days before the fatal attack on Mr Middleton.