Man stabbed five times in Norwich flat
Sam EmanuelPolice have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a serious violent incident took place there last night.Sam Emanuel
Police have taped off a block of flats in Norwich after a man was stabbed several times there last night.
The flat, in Paragon Place off Earlham Road, was the scene of an attack in which a 25-year-old man was stabbed five times in his arm and chest. Emergency services were called just after 9pm and remained at the scene overnight. The victim is currently in hospital, but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
An ambulance service spokeswoman said: 'We were called at 9.07pm to reports of a man in his 20s with multiple stab wounds. There were five in total - two to the chest.'
Two men have been arrested in connection with the incident and are now in police custody.
Police are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident but they would like to hear from witnesses.
Anyone with information should contact DS Richard Dickinson at Bethel Street Police Station on 0845 456 4567 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 2 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Landlady 'hard at work' as city pub prepares for July reopening
- 5 Can you spot yourself at the Simply Red gig at Earlham Park?
- 6 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 9 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 10 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill.
Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to a minimum of six years in prison after stabbing, punching and strangling Mr Middleton, leaving him with 87 injuries.
He was also given 21 months to run concurrently for causing actual bodily harm to Darren Peacher, a friend of Mr Middleton's who he had attacked with a Samurai sword a few days before the fatal attack on Mr Middleton.