Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has been taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries after being involved in a collision with a car on the A47 near Longwater.
The police attended the scene after receiving reports of a person being hit by a vehicle on the slip road towards Longwater.
A police spokesman confirmed that a man had been taken to hospital with "life-changing and life-threatening injuries".
An air ambulance took the injured man to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
As of 6:30pm, Highways England confirmed the A47 had reopened.
Police remain on the scene.
Bus routes that travel through the area have been affected by the incident.
A diversion route is available:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 2 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 5 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 6 'We promise to leave you alone': Unusual new policy for shop
- 7 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 8 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 9 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 10 'Forced into the road': Safety fears over pavement parking
- Exit the A47 eastbound at Longwater Interchange and join the A1074 towards Norwich
- At the roundabout with the A140, take the third exit and follow the A140 ring road until the roundabout with the A11
- Take the third exit from the roundabout and join the A11
- Continue on the A11 to then re-join the A47 eastbound at Thickthorn Interchange