Man seriously hurt in fall at City of Norwich Aviation Museum
A 60-year-old man was flown to hospital by air ambulance with serious head injuries after falling off a ladder at the City of Norwich Aviation Museum at Horsham St Faith.
An investigation is under way after a 60-year-old man fell off a ladder at the City of Norwich Aviation Museum at Horsham St Faith, sustaining serious head injuries.
A spokesman for Broadland District Council said the council and Norfolk police were investigating in connection with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to the scene and soon afterwards Anglia One, the East Anglian Air Ambulance, was despatched from its base at Norwich Airport to make the very short flight to the aviation museum.
The aircraft, flown by Captain Ray Turner, landed at the museum and brought Dr Haris Begovic and critical care paramedic Andy Downes to the museum near Norwich, Norfolk, and landed the aircraft on site.
You may also want to watch:
The medical crew were then able to assess the patient before he was sedated and anaesthetised in preparation for air transfer to the Neuro Centre at Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge.
The accident happened yesterday afternoon. The ambulance service was called to the scene at 1.28pm, and the air ambulance was despatched at 1.47pm, landing a minute later.
- 1 Takeaway investigated after boy in hospital with suspected food poisoning
- 2 Former Norwich North MP and champion of city Dr Ian Gibson dies
- 3 Man fined £60 for taking 16 seconds to drop partner at hospital
- 4 Farke makes a pact with City squad
- 5 Man arrested in Norwich after appeal launched
- 6 A nice place for a nap... Seal spotted dozing under Norwich bridge
- 7 Tributes paid to popular Avenue Middle School head who taught thousands of Norwich children
- 8 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 9 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 10 'He lived and breathed Norwich' - Glowing tributes to Dr Ian Gibson
It left the scene at 2.39pm, landing at Addenbrooke's at 3.17pm.
The man was in a life-threatening condition when he arrived at the hospital. No information is available about his current condition.
No-one was available for comment at the City of Norwich Aviation Museum.
Do you know the injured man? Call the newsdesk on 01603 772443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org