Man missing in Norwich is found
A man who disappeared following a night out in Norwich has been found safe and wellFerghal McGrane, from County Armagh in Northern Ireland, had been missing for five days.
A man who disappeared following a night out in Norwich has been found safe and well
Ferghal McGrane, from County Armagh in Northern Ireland, had been missing for five days. He was last seen by friends during a night out on Thursday in the Pulse nightclub in the city's Prince of Wales Road and had earlier been in the nearby Chicago Rock Caf�.
The 35-year-old roofer had been working on a building project at a nursing home in Watton and was due to fly home on Friday. He failed to arrive at the airport and had not contacted anybody since. He was not carrying his mobile phone or passport and had very little money.
His brother, John McGrane, flew to Norwich yesterday in a bid to track him down. He found his 35-year-old brother in Hingham, where he had been staying with workmates. He had not known how to contact his family.
You may also want to watch:
His sister, Eileen Mallon, said: 'It was out of character for him to disappear and not contact anybody for so long.
'We're so relieved he's turned up and is ok. We were hopeful that he would be safe but we couldn't help but worry something bad had happened.'
- 1 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 2 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 3 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 4 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 5 Full list of Norwich Market stalls open or delivering during lockdown
- 6 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 7 'Village would be worse without it' - Owner on plans for 17th century pub
- 8 Norwich man admits supplying drugs to small group of friends
- 9 Wine bar collapse costs council £70k after lease blunder
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
Mr McGrane, from Middletown, County Armagh, had been working in Norfolk for about a week.