Man missing in Norwich is found
A man who disappeared following a night out in Norwich has been found safe and wellFerghal McGrane, from County Armagh in Northern Ireland, had been missing for five days.
A man who disappeared following a night out in Norwich has been found safe and well
Ferghal McGrane, from County Armagh in Northern Ireland, had been missing for five days. He was last seen by friends during a night out on Thursday in the Pulse nightclub in the city's Prince of Wales Road and had earlier been in the nearby Chicago Rock Caf�.
The 35-year-old roofer had been working on a building project at a nursing home in Watton and was due to fly home on Friday. He failed to arrive at the airport and had not contacted anybody since. He was not carrying his mobile phone or passport and had very little money.
His brother, John McGrane, flew to Norwich yesterday in a bid to track him down. He found his 35-year-old brother in Hingham, where he had been staying with workmates. He had not known how to contact his family.
His sister, Eileen Mallon, said: 'It was out of character for him to disappear and not contact anybody for so long.
'We're so relieved he's turned up and is ok. We were hopeful that he would be safe but we couldn't help but worry something bad had happened.'
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 3 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 4 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 5 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 6 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Drivers bemused as underwear strewn across pedestrian crossing
- 10 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
Mr McGrane, from Middletown, County Armagh, had been working in Norfolk for about a week.