Man jailed for �55,000 cannabis haul
Christine CunninghamA man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.Christine Cunningham
A man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.
Wesley Scoffins, 29, had five bags of cannabis hidden under his bed at his home in Mardle Road and a further stash of cannabis was found by police hidden in his attic, which he claimed he was looking after for another person, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Scoffins admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Jailing him and ordering him to pay �350 towards prosecution costs, Recorder Ian Wood said that only an immediate sentence of imprisonment could be imposed.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Clare, for Scoffins, said that he was of previous good character and was in full time work and it had been a 'one-off' offence.
'He has learned a salutary lesson.'
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
- 10 New pop-up dried flower store opens in Norwich