Man jailed for �55,000 cannabis haul
Christine CunninghamA man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.Christine Cunningham
A man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.
Wesley Scoffins, 29, had five bags of cannabis hidden under his bed at his home in Mardle Road and a further stash of cannabis was found by police hidden in his attic, which he claimed he was looking after for another person, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Scoffins admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Jailing him and ordering him to pay �350 towards prosecution costs, Recorder Ian Wood said that only an immediate sentence of imprisonment could be imposed.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Clare, for Scoffins, said that he was of previous good character and was in full time work and it had been a 'one-off' offence.
'He has learned a salutary lesson.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'