Man jailed for �55,000 cannabis haul
Christine CunninghamA man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.Christine Cunningham
A man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.
Wesley Scoffins, 29, had five bags of cannabis hidden under his bed at his home in Mardle Road and a further stash of cannabis was found by police hidden in his attic, which he claimed he was looking after for another person, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Scoffins admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Jailing him and ordering him to pay �350 towards prosecution costs, Recorder Ian Wood said that only an immediate sentence of imprisonment could be imposed.
Michael Clare, for Scoffins, said that he was of previous good character and was in full time work and it had been a 'one-off' offence.
'He has learned a salutary lesson.'
- 1 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 2 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 3 Nursery confirms closure following financial battle
- 4 'I'm considering living on a boat because houses are so expensive'
- 5 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 6 Finishing touches added to new Tesco store in city centre
- 7 Two drivers writing on notepads among 21 motorists caught in 90 minutes
- 8 Controversial work to weld bridge shut cancelled after legal row
- 9 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 10 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale