Man jailed for �55,000 cannabis haul
Christine CunninghamA man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.Christine Cunningham
A man who was found with a stash of skunk cannabis with a street value of �55,000 hidden in his Norwich home was yesterday jailed for 15 months.
Wesley Scoffins, 29, had five bags of cannabis hidden under his bed at his home in Mardle Road and a further stash of cannabis was found by police hidden in his attic, which he claimed he was looking after for another person, Norwich Crown Court heard.
Scoffins admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
Jailing him and ordering him to pay �350 towards prosecution costs, Recorder Ian Wood said that only an immediate sentence of imprisonment could be imposed.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Clare, for Scoffins, said that he was of previous good character and was in full time work and it had been a 'one-off' offence.
'He has learned a salutary lesson.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 4 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 7 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 8 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 9 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 10 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub