‘Vulnerable man’ with pneumonia died after using drugs, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 'vulnerable' man with pneumonia died after taking morphine, an inquest has heard.
Norman Sadgrove, 59, of Saunders Court, Norwich, died on August 9 last year.
The inquest into his death at Norfolk Coroners Court heard on Friday (March 1) that Mr Sadgrove's friend saw him the day before he died and thought he 'didn't look right'.
The next day the friend went to Mr Sadgrove's apartment and found him on the floor.
The inquest also heard other people had been using Mr Sadgrove's address for supplying drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Area Coroner for Norfolk Yvonne Blake said that Mr Sadgrove was a 'vulnerable man' who had schizophrenia, which was stable and medicated for years, but he did use illegal drugs and sought help for this.
The coroner said he had developed tracheobronchitis and pneumonia and that his condition, together with his drug use, contributed to his death.
- 1 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 2 Water outages hit homes across city
- 3 Junkyard Market is returning to Norwich for Christmas
- 4 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 5 A Botanical Garden Bar and Christmas market is heading to Norwich
- 6 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 7 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 8 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 9 What a Boost - chocolate box business thrives amid demand for postal treats
- 10 Norwich City confirm 2,000 tickets available for next two home games