Man found hanged after police search
Anthony CarrollPolice in Lowestoft have confirmed they have found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.Anthony Carroll
Police in Lowestoft last night confirmed they had found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.
Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.
Mr Carter was reported missing on Thursday evening after he failed to keep an appointment at 5.30pm. He was last seen in Lowestoft that morning before heading to work in Bury St Edmunds.
But officers were called to a site near the A143 at Wortham at 1.35pm yesterday where they found a man's body hanged from a tree.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman: 'Formal identification is yet to take place; however, it is believed to be the body of 45-year-old Steven Carter from Lowestoft.
'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but, as standard procedure, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, pending further enquiries. A post mortem will take place and the death has been referred to the coroner.' On the day he went missing Mr Carter had called his partner at about 4.15pm to confirm the 5.30pm appointment but he did not attend as arranged. He was reported missing at 8.30pm. He had never gone missing before.
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 4 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 8 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site