Man found hanged after police search
Anthony CarrollPolice in Lowestoft have confirmed they have found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.Anthony Carroll
Police in Lowestoft last night confirmed they had found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.
Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.
Mr Carter was reported missing on Thursday evening after he failed to keep an appointment at 5.30pm. He was last seen in Lowestoft that morning before heading to work in Bury St Edmunds.
But officers were called to a site near the A143 at Wortham at 1.35pm yesterday where they found a man's body hanged from a tree.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman: 'Formal identification is yet to take place; however, it is believed to be the body of 45-year-old Steven Carter from Lowestoft.
'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but, as standard procedure, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, pending further enquiries. A post mortem will take place and the death has been referred to the coroner.' On the day he went missing Mr Carter had called his partner at about 4.15pm to confirm the 5.30pm appointment but he did not attend as arranged. He was reported missing at 8.30pm. He had never gone missing before.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale