Man found hanged after police search
Anthony CarrollPolice in Lowestoft have confirmed they have found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.Anthony Carroll
Police in Lowestoft last night confirmed they had found a body believed to be a 45-year-old man who had been missing from the town.
Officers had asked people to come forward with information on the whereabouts of Steven Carter who had been missing since Thursday.
Mr Carter was reported missing on Thursday evening after he failed to keep an appointment at 5.30pm. He was last seen in Lowestoft that morning before heading to work in Bury St Edmunds.
But officers were called to a site near the A143 at Wortham at 1.35pm yesterday where they found a man's body hanged from a tree.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman: 'Formal identification is yet to take place; however, it is believed to be the body of 45-year-old Steven Carter from Lowestoft.
'At this stage there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances but, as standard procedure, the death is currently being treated as unexplained, pending further enquiries. A post mortem will take place and the death has been referred to the coroner.' On the day he went missing Mr Carter had called his partner at about 4.15pm to confirm the 5.30pm appointment but he did not attend as arranged. He was reported missing at 8.30pm. He had never gone missing before.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 Norwich man wanted by police
- 7 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 8 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats