Man cut off neighbour's electricity
Mary HamiltonA Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.Mary Hamilton
A Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.
Jamie Thomas, of Gipsy Close, Norwich, switched off the supply outside his neighbour's house, and when she returned she found food in her freezer and fridge worth about �80 had gone off.
Mr Thomas, 26, said the pair had had 'neighbourly arguments' in the past but that since the incident things had been very quiet.
He was initially given a fixed penalty notice but failed to pay and was brought before Norwich magistrates court yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay �80 compensation.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 9 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police