Man cut off neighbour's electricity
Mary HamiltonA Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.Mary Hamilton
A Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.
Jamie Thomas, of Gipsy Close, Norwich, switched off the supply outside his neighbour's house, and when she returned she found food in her freezer and fridge worth about �80 had gone off.
Mr Thomas, 26, said the pair had had 'neighbourly arguments' in the past but that since the incident things had been very quiet.
He was initially given a fixed penalty notice but failed to pay and was brought before Norwich magistrates court yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay �80 compensation.
- 1 Reaction to plans for new Norwich Block entertainment venue
- 2 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 3 New 170-place school likely to get go-ahead
- 4 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 5 Nut allergy fears spark battle for 'landmark' walnut tree
- 6 Tributes pour in for 'much loved lady' after body found
- 7 Costa Coffee to close Norwich high street cafe
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 9 Pupils demand cycle lane as NDR sends 1200 cars their way during rush hour
- 10 Landlord pays tenants £980 following battle with 'extreme mould and damp'