Man cut off neighbour's electricity
Mary HamiltonA Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.Mary Hamilton
A Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.
Jamie Thomas, of Gipsy Close, Norwich, switched off the supply outside his neighbour's house, and when she returned she found food in her freezer and fridge worth about �80 had gone off.
Mr Thomas, 26, said the pair had had 'neighbourly arguments' in the past but that since the incident things had been very quiet.
He was initially given a fixed penalty notice but failed to pay and was brought before Norwich magistrates court yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay �80 compensation.
- 1 Fresh questions over 'Japanese restaurant' in Norwich home
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 Police concerned for 25-year-old missing man from Norwich
- 4 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 5 Legal charity to move into part of disused city pub
- 6 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 7 Photos show progress made on new £2.75m recycling centre in Norwich
- 8 Former city boxing champion denies threats to slash partner's throat
- 9 Woman who stole from vulnerable woman has to pay back £2000
- 10 All the major 2021 Norwich events scheduled to go ahead