Man cut off neighbour's electricity
Mary HamiltonA Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.Mary Hamilton
A Norwich man cut off his neighbour's electricity and gas supply while she was on holiday, leaving her with a fridge full of spoiled food, a court heard.
Jamie Thomas, of Gipsy Close, Norwich, switched off the supply outside his neighbour's house, and when she returned she found food in her freezer and fridge worth about �80 had gone off.
Mr Thomas, 26, said the pair had had 'neighbourly arguments' in the past but that since the incident things had been very quiet.
He was initially given a fixed penalty notice but failed to pay and was brought before Norwich magistrates court yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay �80 compensation.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 3 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 9 Plans to remove crossing in £440k works branded 'crazy' by councillors
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m