Reader letter: Manchester City fan thanks Norwich for ‘enjoyable’ weekend
- Credit: Archant
Despite his team losing to the mighty Canaries, this Manchester City fans wants to thank the people of Norwich for such a warm welcome.
I'd like to say a big thank you to the people of Norwich and the fans of Norwich City in particular for making our recent weekend so enjoyable.
Sounds bonkers, I know, but I also saw my beloved Manchester City lose — but it couldn't have happened against a better club.
We were made so welcome around the town — especially by Phil, Rob, Dave and Jack in the Edith Cavell and other pubs — and at the ground and everywhere else from Friday through to Sunday.
We have a little statue in our garden in Stockport which every year gets a new Man City hat, scarf and flag. Well that nifty outfit has just been embellished with a Canaries scarf, too, and we'll toast your fine city and football team with a nice cuppa in or new Norwich City mugs.
You may also want to watch:
I've followed Man City around the country and Europe, but last weekend's trip tops the lot. There's no justice in the world if you don't stay in the Premiership.
Attached is a picture of me at the Wig and Pen pub on Saturday, when we were also entertained by the hundreds of Morris dancers who had descended on the city.
- 1 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 2 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 3 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school