Man charged with grooming
Anthony CarrollThe man was charged yesterday with sexually touching an underage girl and grooming another underage girl on the internet.Anthony Carroll
The man was charged yesterdaywith sexually touching an underage girl and grooming another underage girl on the internet.
Scott McGregor-Gill appeared at Yarmouth Magistrates Court charged with four sexual offences against underage girls in Norfolk.
It is alleged that between September 1 and November 4 McGregor-Gill, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, engaged in sexual activity with a 13-year-old girl.
The 19-year-old is also charged with two counts of meeting two girls aged 13 after sexually grooming them through social internet sites such as Facebook and Bebo and through MSN messenger.
You may also want to watch:
It is claimed that one of the internet grooming offences took place between January 1 and November 4 while the other charge is alleged to have happened between October 1 and December 24.
McGregor-Gill is also alleged to have caused or incited a 14-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity between October 1 and December 24.
- 1 How landlord behind squalid flats was finally brought to justice
- 2 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 3 See work to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 4 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 5 'Delighted to be out again' - City centre pub gardens proving popular
- 6 House blaze tackled by firefighters
- 7 Wrestling school stars in Channel 4 show with top comedian
- 8 Man charged after blood and saliva spat at restaurant's front door
- 9 Concerns for missing 29-year-old Norfolk man's welfare
- 10 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
All four offences allegedly happened in Norfolk and relate to three underage girls
Magistrates remanded McGregor-Gill into custody until January 19 when he will appear for a preliminary hearing at Norwich Crown Court.
During yesterday's hearing McGregor-Gill, who was wearing a blue jumper and shirt, only spoke to confirm his name, age and address.
The allegations against McGregor-Gill have been investigated by the Norfolk Constabulary sexual offence investigation unit.