Man charged with grooming
Anthony CarrollThe man was charged yesterday with sexually touching an underage girl and grooming another underage girl on the internet.Anthony Carroll
The man was charged yesterdaywith sexually touching an underage girl and grooming another underage girl on the internet.
Scott McGregor-Gill appeared at Yarmouth Magistrates Court charged with four sexual offences against underage girls in Norfolk.
It is alleged that between September 1 and November 4 McGregor-Gill, of Hawthorn Drive, Ipswich, engaged in sexual activity with a 13-year-old girl.
The 19-year-old is also charged with two counts of meeting two girls aged 13 after sexually grooming them through social internet sites such as Facebook and Bebo and through MSN messenger.
You may also want to watch:
It is claimed that one of the internet grooming offences took place between January 1 and November 4 while the other charge is alleged to have happened between October 1 and December 24.
McGregor-Gill is also alleged to have caused or incited a 14-year-old girl to engage in sexual activity between October 1 and December 24.
- 1 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 2 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 3 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
- 7 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
All four offences allegedly happened in Norfolk and relate to three underage girls
Magistrates remanded McGregor-Gill into custody until January 19 when he will appear for a preliminary hearing at Norwich Crown Court.
During yesterday's hearing McGregor-Gill, who was wearing a blue jumper and shirt, only spoke to confirm his name, age and address.
The allegations against McGregor-Gill have been investigated by the Norfolk Constabulary sexual offence investigation unit.