Man charged over Norwich stabbing
Sarah HallA Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.Sarah Hall
A Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.
Paul Norman, 47, from Carpenters Court in Colman Road, was charged after a stabbing in Paragon Place in the city on Wednesday night.
A 25-year-old man received stabbing injuries in the incident. Emergency services were called just after 9pm on Wednesday and remained there overnight, taping off the block of flats.
The man, who police said suffered 'multiple stab wounds' is in hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Norman was one of two men arrested and was charged early this morning.
He was due to appear at Norwich Remand Court at 9.30am today , charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
A second man who was arrested was released with no charge.
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill. Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter.