Man charged over Norwich stabbing
Sarah HallA Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.Sarah Hall
A Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.
Paul Norman, 47, from Carpenters Court in Colman Road, was charged after a stabbing in Paragon Place in the city on Wednesday night.
A 25-year-old man received stabbing injuries in the incident. Emergency services were called just after 9pm on Wednesday and remained there overnight, taping off the block of flats.
The man, who police said suffered 'multiple stab wounds' is in hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Norman was one of two men arrested and was charged early this morning.
He was due to appear at Norwich Remand Court at 9.30am today , charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 10 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
A second man who was arrested was released with no charge.
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill. Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter.