Man charged over Norwich stabbing
Sarah HallA Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.Sarah Hall
A Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.
Paul Norman, 47, from Carpenters Court in Colman Road, was charged after a stabbing in Paragon Place in the city on Wednesday night.
A 25-year-old man received stabbing injuries in the incident. Emergency services were called just after 9pm on Wednesday and remained there overnight, taping off the block of flats.
The man, who police said suffered 'multiple stab wounds' is in hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Norman was one of two men arrested and was charged early this morning.
He was due to appear at Norwich Remand Court at 9.30am today , charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'
A second man who was arrested was released with no charge.
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill. Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter.