Man charged over Norwich stabbing
Sarah HallA Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.Sarah Hall
A Norwich man was due to appear in court this morning in connection with the stabbing of a man in a Norwich flat.
Paul Norman, 47, from Carpenters Court in Colman Road, was charged after a stabbing in Paragon Place in the city on Wednesday night.
A 25-year-old man received stabbing injuries in the incident. Emergency services were called just after 9pm on Wednesday and remained there overnight, taping off the block of flats.
The man, who police said suffered 'multiple stab wounds' is in hospital but his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Norman was one of two men arrested and was charged early this morning.
He was due to appear at Norwich Remand Court at 9.30am today , charged with grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 3 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 4 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 5 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 6 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 7 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 8 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 10 Thousands needed to restore historic Norwich village sign
A second man who was arrested was released with no charge.
The flats made the headlines in 2008 when 33-year-old Gordon Hilditch killed his neighbour Stuart Middleton there following a row over a missing bike and drill. Hilditch was convicted of manslaughter.