Man being questioned in Norfolk murder inquiry
Annabelle DicksonA man was brought back to Norfolk for questioning last night after a woman's body was found in a pub freezer in Snettisham on Tuesday.Annabelle Dickson
A man was brought back to Norfolk for questioning last night after a woman's body was found in a pub freezer in Snettisham on Tuesday.
The 49-year-old, who was arrested on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday evening, will be questioned by Norfolk police.
Last night police said it was likely the body, which was found in an out building at the Compasses Inn, would not be identified until next week.
A spokeswoman said: 'Due to the circumstances in which the body was discovered the victim has yet to be formally identified and this is unlikely to take place until early next week.'
A policeman discovered the body after he was flagged down by someone working at the pub.
The Compasses was run by Mick Tucker, 49, and his partner Becky Thorpe, who was in her late 20s.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 6 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 7 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 8 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 9 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
Earlier this week, police issued an almost unprecedented warning over speculation on social networking sites about the circumstances of the woman's death.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry said she had not been dismembered - contrary to claims being made on the internet.
He said: 'I am very concerned that the speculation regarding this incident, particularly on social media sites and in the local area, could cause distress to members of the public.
'I would like to stress that most of the comments I have seen or heard are inaccurate and should be treated with caution.'