Man being questioned in Norfolk murder inquiry
Annabelle DicksonA man was brought back to Norfolk for questioning last night after a woman's body was found in a pub freezer in Snettisham on Tuesday.Annabelle Dickson
A man was brought back to Norfolk for questioning last night after a woman's body was found in a pub freezer in Snettisham on Tuesday.
The 49-year-old, who was arrested on the Isle of Wight on Tuesday evening, will be questioned by Norfolk police.
Last night police said it was likely the body, which was found in an out building at the Compasses Inn, would not be identified until next week.
A spokeswoman said: 'Due to the circumstances in which the body was discovered the victim has yet to be formally identified and this is unlikely to take place until early next week.'
You may also want to watch:
A policeman discovered the body after he was flagged down by someone working at the pub.
The Compasses was run by Mick Tucker, 49, and his partner Becky Thorpe, who was in her late 20s.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 'A little bit of hope' - Care home manager look back on last 10 months
Earlier this week, police issued an almost unprecedented warning over speculation on social networking sites about the circumstances of the woman's death.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry said she had not been dismembered - contrary to claims being made on the internet.
He said: 'I am very concerned that the speculation regarding this incident, particularly on social media sites and in the local area, could cause distress to members of the public.
'I would like to stress that most of the comments I have seen or heard are inaccurate and should be treated with caution.'