Man arrested in connection with Norfolk murder probe
Chris HillA 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.Chris Hill
A 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.
Detectives began the inquiry after the body of Steven Murphy, 45, was discovered with stab wounds at his home on King's Road on October 1.
A man was arrested and questioned on Wednesday, but was later released without charge. He is due to answer police bail in April.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: 'An operation was carried out which involved a person being arrested and interviewed. That person has now been bailed until April while we make further forensic submissions.
'While he was interviewed, other witnesses were also seen and a physical search and forensic examination were carried out on a house and a vehicle. Those investigations are continuing, and this is not our only line of enquiry.'
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 4 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
- 5 Family living in city's 'worst' council house despair over new damp
- 6 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 7 Huge food festival with Liberty X and S Club All Stars heading to Norwich
- 8 'Such a shame': Independent card shop announces closure with sale
- 9 Graduate outraged after being handed tax bill for unoccupied student digs
- 10 Extra security measures approved for flats plagued by drug use