Man arrested in connection with Norfolk murder probe
Chris HillA 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.Chris Hill
A 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.
Detectives began the inquiry after the body of Steven Murphy, 45, was discovered with stab wounds at his home on King's Road on October 1.
A man was arrested and questioned on Wednesday, but was later released without charge. He is due to answer police bail in April.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: 'An operation was carried out which involved a person being arrested and interviewed. That person has now been bailed until April while we make further forensic submissions.
'While he was interviewed, other witnesses were also seen and a physical search and forensic examination were carried out on a house and a vehicle. Those investigations are continuing, and this is not our only line of enquiry.'
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 3 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 4 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 5 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
- 8 City pub 'full of life again' after busy opening weekend
- 9 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 10 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong