Man arrested in connection with Norfolk murder probe
Chris HillA 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.Chris Hill
A 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.
Detectives began the inquiry after the body of Steven Murphy, 45, was discovered with stab wounds at his home on King's Road on October 1.
A man was arrested and questioned on Wednesday, but was later released without charge. He is due to answer police bail in April.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: 'An operation was carried out which involved a person being arrested and interviewed. That person has now been bailed until April while we make further forensic submissions.
You may also want to watch:
'While he was interviewed, other witnesses were also seen and a physical search and forensic examination were carried out on a house and a vehicle. Those investigations are continuing, and this is not our only line of enquiry.'
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 10 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development