Man arrested in connection with Norfolk murder probe
Chris HillA 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.Chris Hill
A 38-year-old Fakenham man has been arrested in connection with a three-month murder investigation in the town.
Detectives began the inquiry after the body of Steven Murphy, 45, was discovered with stab wounds at his home on King's Road on October 1.
A man was arrested and questioned on Wednesday, but was later released without charge. He is due to answer police bail in April.
Det Chief Insp Jes Fry, who is leading the investigation, said: 'An operation was carried out which involved a person being arrested and interviewed. That person has now been bailed until April while we make further forensic submissions.
You may also want to watch:
'While he was interviewed, other witnesses were also seen and a physical search and forensic examination were carried out on a house and a vehicle. Those investigations are continuing, and this is not our only line of enquiry.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 4 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 5 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 6 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 9 The moment drugs squad smashes down a suspected dealer's door
- 10 Drinkers and footie fans urged to 'behave' after shop window smashed