MAKEOVER: How you can wear prints
Emma Harrowing'I really want to wear pattern but I don't know where to start,' says reader Suzanne Reynolds. EMMA HARROWING takes her through this season's florals, ethnic and stripy prints to find the look that's right for her.Emma Harrowing
'I really want to wear pattern but I don't know where to start,' says reader Suzanne Reynolds. EMMA HARROWING takes her through this season's florals, ethnic and stripy prints to find the look that's right for her.
'I am a curvy size 12 to 14 and I regularly struggle with what to wear as I do not like my big chest, so I opt for the jeans and jumper option as wearing a baggy jumper helps me fade into the background,' says 21 year old Suzanne Reynolds from North of the city.
Suzanne's dislike of the top half of her body has led her to 'cover up' with oversized T. shirts to try and disguise her big bust. She also favours black and dark plain colours as she believes that this makes her look smaller.
You may also want to watch:
'Being a regular reader of the Life Matters pages I know that black can make you look worse, but it is so easy to wear. I would love to be able to wear pattern especially as there are so many patterns available this Spring.'
Suzanne has the perfect hourglass figure. As her top half and bottom half are the same size and she has a well defined waist, she can wear most of the styles that are currently in fashion.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich
As she is conscience of her bust, fitted tops with a V neck or scooped neckline flatter her the most. The baggy T. shirts she currently wears make her look bigger as the tops hang off her bust. By wearing a fitted top, Suzanne can show off her tiny waist, which will instantly make her look slimmer. By emphasing her waist with a belt all eyes will be on her waist rather than on her bust. She can also detract from her top half by making sure she keeps patterns below her waist.
With the help of Suzie from Outfit on Riverside we put together a look for Suzanne that really shows off her figure, accentuating the parts she likes and disguising the parts she doesn't.
Suzanne wears: dress, �40, Miss Selfridge; cream cardigan, �17, Dorothy Perkins; leggings, �12, Miss Selfridge; pearl necklace with corsage, �12, Diva; pearl bracelet, �7 and pearl bracelet with corsage, �8, both Dorothy Perkins; clutch bag, �15, Dorothy Perkins. All clothes are available from Outfit on Riverside.
Photographers: James Bass and Tara Martin
Special thanks to: Outfit on Riverside Retail Park call 01603 611947; Nigel Alexandre Hair Salon 01603 621516; Pampers beauty salon 01603 660385.