Major Christian event planned for Norwich
Ian ClarkeA major Christian event is planned for Norwich in June.Ian Clarke
A major Christian event is planned for Norwich in June.
Following on from last year's successful Churches Community Action Fair, Celebrate Norwich and Norfolk is the new name for the initiative and it has a new steering group.
It aims to be an expression of all aspects of the life of the local Christian community.
Events will be spread around Norwich City Centre, focusing especially on The Forum and Millennium Plain. A number of other venues will also be included.
You may also want to watch:
It is set to include the major Churches Community Action Fair exhibition, a series of high profile lectures and debates, action-packed open-air events on Millennium Plain, concerts, services and a civic meal.
Celebrate already involves a wide partnership of Christian churches, groups and organizations, including Transforming Norwich, Network Norwich and Norfolk, Norwich FGBMFI and Norfolk Call to Prayer and is looking for more partners and sponsors.
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 4 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 5 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 6 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 7 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 8 Mysabar is BACK! City's cosy outdoor bar returns for another Christmas
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
Project director John Betts, from Transforming Norwich, said: 'We want to celebrate everything that is good about Norwich and Norfolk and the many different expressions of its Christian community - its music, social action, outreach, unity, faith, prayer, culture, youth, drama and debate.
'We want to see Norwich city centre filled with people, finding out about what the Church is doing in social action and experiencing the Good News in culturally relevant ways.'
Mr Betts added: 'We have already booked The Forum and Millennium Plain for June 11 and 12 and want lots of partners to join us in filling those spaces with great examples of what the Church in Norwich and Norfolk is all about.
'We need the support and ideas of as many different Christian groups as possible to make a real impact and we want to help them promote what they are already doing.'
A website, www.celebratenorfolk.co.uk, has been launched to help promote the event and a steering group formed.
Contact Mr Betts on 01603 617905 or e-mail email@example.com