‘Sorry…Norwich is unfashionable’ say Q Magazine
- Credit: Archant
In a recent review of a Norwich band Q Magazine referred to Norwich as 'unfashionable'.
The review of Let's Eat Grandma, a duo made up of Rosa Walton and Jenny Hollingworth, stated: 'It was too much for some to fathom that the teenage duo from unfashionable Norwich might be solely responsible for their own music, that there must be some industry-savvy overlord behind the scenes.'
The description provoked a questioning tweet from one Twitter user to which Q Magazine responded: 'We've looked into your complaint and I'm afraid we've decided to uphold the description of Norwich as unfashionable. Sorry about that.'
Another Twitter user responded to the thread by saying: 'They've clearly never spent much time in Norwich. We welcome them with open arms. Come visit.'
Another wrote: 'It's funny how so many people judge a lovely city solely based on a fictional character. Just continue to insult some readers for cheap laughs and see how it goes.'
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Is Norwich really unfashionable or has Q Magazine missed the mark? Vote in our poll.
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 3 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 6 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Military begin coronavirus support at hospital