‘Sorry…Norwich is unfashionable’ say Q Magazine
- Credit: Archant
In a recent review of a Norwich band Q Magazine referred to Norwich as 'unfashionable'.
The review of Let's Eat Grandma, a duo made up of Rosa Walton and Jenny Hollingworth, stated: 'It was too much for some to fathom that the teenage duo from unfashionable Norwich might be solely responsible for their own music, that there must be some industry-savvy overlord behind the scenes.'
The description provoked a questioning tweet from one Twitter user to which Q Magazine responded: 'We've looked into your complaint and I'm afraid we've decided to uphold the description of Norwich as unfashionable. Sorry about that.'
Another Twitter user responded to the thread by saying: 'They've clearly never spent much time in Norwich. We welcome them with open arms. Come visit.'
Another wrote: 'It's funny how so many people judge a lovely city solely based on a fictional character. Just continue to insult some readers for cheap laughs and see how it goes.'
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Is Norwich really unfashionable or has Q Magazine missed the mark? Vote in our poll.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 7 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 8 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 9 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 10 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS