Kids live music show complete with Disney princesses returns to city
- Credit: Richard Jarmy Photography - @richardjarmy
A trio of Norwich performers who found themselves struggling for work during the pandemic have joined forces to create a brand new spectacular in the city.
Performer Joe Ringer, who lives in NR1, saw his diary go quiet for the best part of 18 months.
So the lead singer of the Joe Ringer Band, which has performed across the county, joined forces with duo Vikki and Pip Randelle to create and launch a show.
Now, Kidz Pop Party is taking to the stage at Norwich's Maddermarket Theatre for the third time.
Joe, 38, said: “We put our heads together and tried to come up with a Covid-safe environment that would be suitable for the entire family.
“Our first performance took place in October half term of 2022, and it was really popular.”
The shows take place at the historic Maddermarket Theatre in Norwich and at the Ocean Room in Gorleston.
- 1 'Awe and disbelief' as thousands of bees swarm pub garden
- 2 Which parts of Norwich could be underwater by 2030?
- 3 New images show progress of Sweet Briar Road repair
- 4 Dad left fuming as royal flag stolen weeks before jubilee weekend
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 ANOTHER shop in major city street will soon be empty
- 7 Driver with expired license overtakes police at 95mph
- 8 Fireworks, food stalls and music planned for jubilee party near Norwich
- 9 'Rarely available' Victorian home in Golden Triangle on sale for £475k
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Race for Life pictures?
The show aims to give children their first live experience in an interactive and energetic way with the venues picked because there is room to dance.
As the trio and their performers head into the next run they hope they'll see a sold out show or two: “We had such great responses from our shows and we want to build on that and create a legacy of shows that could continue to grow into the future.
“Kidz Pop Party adds a new aspect to our shows, with music, dancing, singing, comedy and circus. There really is something for everyone.”
Audiences can expect 80 minutes of high energy party fun including kids favourite pop songs and tunes from well-known children's shows and films.
These include favourites from Trolls, The Greatest Showman and Disney.
Joe added: “We are just so excited to be performing again and can’t wait for everyone to see the show, in all its uniqueness.”
Kidz Pop Party will be on stage in the city from February 16.
It will be on stage until February 18 for a matinee show at 2.30pm and an evening show at 6.30pm.
Tickets start at £10.
The show is abiding by all the current government guidelines and have a Covid money-back guarantee if anything should have to change.